Wammer
Oct 23, 2015
Manchester
AKA
John Dunne
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
OK, I'll suggest I Am Kloot frontman, song writer etc. John Bramwell.
I love I Am Kloot but solo John Bramwell is just a wonderful couple of hours well spent. Great songs, and tremendous onstage chemistry and banter. With that in mind can I recommend his Live At The Trades album. Here's a YouTube clip of the man..
Quite a big Kloot / Bramwell fan myself. Seen them/him live at least ten times and was due to see him in a venue near to my home next month but it's been postponed until November.

He is selling handwritten song lyrics for £25 at the moment if you fancy getting one.

http://www.johnbramwell.com/

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: stevesl500

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
81Kdka7SffL._AC_UY218_.jpg

If you like Jazzi Blues and haven't tried this - then it's time you did. It mixes the Blues Guitar talents of Joe Bonamassa, with the gritty voice of Beth Hart. There's not a bad track on it.

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arctic Lake - What you may find (EP)

This band are pretty unknown. Very relaxing ambient music and her voice is just staggering. Particularly live, where I took my mum along and she cried (which she never does).

I spoke to them after the gig and they were planning to release an album this year. Let's hope the lockdown and loss of gig income doesn't stop them trying to make it.

The talent on display is ridiculous. I cannot believe they've not got huge.
This is nice - very London Grammar.

• Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is a cracking thread. I'm making a list of stuff to check out on Spotify, currently enjoying greatly the Arctic Lake EP.

Cheers  :^

Reactions: Lee M and oldius

wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Fia - Made of Stars -  I had never heard of Fia prior to being introduced to her by my daughter but she has one of the purest voices I have ever heard and her ability to cast spells with her voice is just magical. 

Fia.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee M and oldius

hylander

(Fairly) Standard Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 23, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

If you like Jazzi Blues and haven't tried this - then it's time you did. It mixes the Blues Guitar talents of Joe Bonamassa, with the gritty voice of Beth Hart. There's not a bad track on it.
...and that version of I’d Rather Go Blind is just.......

psej71

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 21, 2009
Wirral UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Looked for this in my amazon music, but it’s not listed 😢👎 shame as it sounds right up my street 

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My favourite album release of the last year has been Sarathy Korwar's 'More Arriving'. It is a hybrid of Indian classical, jazz and hip-hop. I first saw him in support of Kamasi Washington and really liked what he was doing. Listening to a recent interview, his intention to make his songs more political while maintaining the musical level, really made me want to explore more of his work. The track Bol is my favourite track and one of my favourites of recent years.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ZDEZlB7pBnDO7jgbWS8Fs?si=OOpr1IDjRC2YjYaD1KAE3g

Reactions: Mondie

EddieRUKidding

Eddie RU Kidding
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Oz
AKA
Eddie R U Kidding p:
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another old Oz LP recommendation this time from Ariel A Strange Fantastic Dream from 1973, notably it has the same lead guitarist-Tim Gaze (Ex  Tamam Shud, Kahvas Jute, Rose Tattoo & Hoochie Coochie Men with Bob Daisley & Jon Lord)  on it same as my previous pick Open Wide by Kahvas Jute but this is Prog and not Heavy Rock. Doesn't have Bob Daisley on bass like Kahvas Jute but has wonderful Keyboards and Synth. Made No 12 on the Oz charts and had three banned songs from OZ airwaves- had a release in the UK and a follow up LP was even recorded at Abbey Rd "The Jellabad Mutant" but was rejected by EMI.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_(Australian_band)

• Haha
Reactions: Klassik

EddieRUKidding

Eddie RU Kidding
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Oz
AKA
Eddie R U Kidding p:
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any excuse to play Confessions Of A Psychopathic Cowpoke  :D

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Okay you rotten lot now have bought the Jono McCleery non live Pagodas , Tiki and the Joe Bonnamasa and Beth Hart this is getting seriously expensive .

The Beth Hart album was on Amazon and here is the link . Sorry not sure if I bought the only CD version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Explain-Beth-Hart-Bonamassa/dp/B004X5SCGM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WXO43H6GKD94&dchild=1&keywords=beth+hart+dont+explain&qid=1593253358&s=music&sprefix=dont+explain+beth+hart+%2Caps%2C169&sr=1-1

Reactions: deggie

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Okay you rotten lot now have bought the Jono McCleery non live Pagodas , Tiki and the Joe Bonnamasa and Beth Hart this is getting seriously expensive .

The Beth Hart album was on Amazon and here is the link . Sorry not sure if I bought the only CD version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Explain-Beth-Hart-Bonamassa/dp/B004X5SCGM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WXO43H6GKD94&dchild=1&keywords=beth+hart+dont+explain&qid=1593253358&s=music&sprefix=dont+explain+beth+hart+%2Caps%2C169&sr=1-1
Have you had a listen via streaming, Andrew?

Reactions: deggie

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you had a listen via streaming, Andrew?
Sorry Geoff do not have any streaming service so no just going on the description people are adding and being cheap . Some are very much expensive and sadly they are getting ignored .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would reccomend this as something a little different but frankly wonderful . The band is Les Negresse Vertes and the album is Mlah . This was the very best line up with the original singer and music writer who sadly dies young . Later line ups were good but did lose a little of the spark for a period . Final two albums were great in their own way .

Baggawire

Ain't It Funky Now
Wammer Plus
Mar 2, 2010
SE London/NW Kent
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Les Negresses Vertes were a great live band as this video shows. I saw them at the Brixton Academy on Saturday 27th April 1991 - I know that because I still have the ticket stub. There was also a band around at the same time with a similar oeuvre called 3 Mustaphas 3 who I also had the pleasure in seeing live on Tuesday 14th May 1991 - I have that ticket stub too!

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Matthew Halsall - Colour Yes

I consistently recommend Matthew's albums as I find them moving, spiritual and beautifully recorded. He is a jazz trumpeter from Manchester and every album of his is well worth checking out. Here's a sample from this album:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.