Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 1, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've decided to sell my lovely Triode Corp TRX P-300S amp as I've decided I prefer my Vitus as an all rounder. The Triode is better for jazz and vocals, but I do like my techno and acid house which likes the extra grip the Vitus brings.

It's a 300b SET, with adjustable gain, a negative feedback on/off setting, and a volume pot if you only have a single source like a DAC. Gives a huge holographic soundstage and lots of detail and sparkle. Here's the blurb https://www.triode.co.jp/english/TRX-P300S/index.html

Bought new from Definitive in April 2022 after testing a few different amps. Kevin set it up with NOS NATO 12AT7 and 12AU7 valves, and I also sprang for the Takatsuki 300b's. I travel with work a lot, so it's not had huge use - maybe 10 hours a week maximum, sometimes not turned on for weeks at a time. It really is a sexy little thing in the red/burgundy finish and does sound sublime. It's totally immaculate and fully boxed and I'm sure Kevin will honour the warranty, he's a good really guy.

The amp was 4k with the NATO valves and the Takatsuki's were an additional 2k. Asking 2.4k for the amp with the NATO's and stock 300b's (I think they're JJ's), 1.2k for the Takatsuki's, or 3.4k for the lot.

IMG_5526.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2789.JPG
IMG_5529.jpeg IMG_5525.jpeg

Last edited:

marko

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 20, 2007
N.Yorkshire.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard one of these at Definitive (without The Takatsuki’s) a year or so ago. Sounded fabulous! Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:

Gwantommo

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 1, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard one of these at Definitive (without The Takatsuku’s) a year or so ago. Sounded fabulous! Good luck with your sale.
Thanks! I was going to keep it as I agree it's a fabulous little amp, but having it sat in a box seems such a waste. The Vitus is way to heavy for switching in and out

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm travelling up and down the M6/M1 on the 10th and 11 th of March with the Wam Taxi. This is an ideal opportunity to get hold of this amp because it will have been hardly used - I know the seller and this thing is exactly what it seems - mint!.

Jack NSM

Reactions: myles

Gwantommo

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 1, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm travelling up and down the M6/M1 on the 10th and 11 th of March with the Wam Taxi. This is an ideal opportunity to get hold of this amp because it will have been hardly used - I know the seller and this thing is exactly what it seems - mint!.

Jack NSM
Thanks Jack!

Gwantommo

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 1, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you had the audition?
Kevin"s ?
I have. I was trying an SJS model 7 but it didn’t work out. In the interim I blew a channel on my Vitus by being a complete idiot, so that’s back in Denmark being fixed and the Triode is back in action. Then I had the chance to try a Kondo M7 which Kevin just got in and was smitten, so now with that coupled with the Triode is the best I’ve ever heard in my system. Once the Vitus comes back I’ll need to see how it gels with the Kondo and decide which amp to keep!

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Kevin played us the smaller Triode you have and it was better to us than the Triode integrated I'd bought/borrowed from him. Better on its own than with an SJS pre-amp in front of it. He also played us the Argento he builds from some time ago which was very good.

Gwantommo

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 1, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a smashing little amp and plenty powerful enough for my room with 90db speakers. The Takatsuki valves are magical as well. I also tried the Triode integrated but it didn’t grab me. It’s going to be interesting to see how my Vitus compares when it’s back from being fixed.

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll see what sort of cost it is with Kevin and maybe his 300B's.
The integrated put me off 300B but at Kevin's they sounded great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online