From your listening chair...

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't ask me about the temple dogs. Let us just say, the other half wanted them, bought them, and there was an issue with 'perceived scale'..... Nowhere else to put them. Lots of people talk about 'WAF'. What about AAF ?
Your having a LAAF. 😀
Seriously, the dogs are nice. Appreciate the work that it has taken to make them. They are a grand statement perhaps ?

rocky raccoon

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Cambridge
AKA
Iestos de la Mancha
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your having a LAAF. 😀
Seriously, the dogs are nice. Appreciate the work that it has taken to make them. They are a grand statement perhaps ?
I am used to them now. I can't detect any sonic degredation due to their presence. Perhaps they are saying, ' Do not attempt to mess with my gear'. Perhaps I should get a couple more for the front end........

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am used to them now. I can't detect any sonic degredation due to their presence. Perhaps they are saying, ' Do not attempt to mess with my gear'. Perhaps I should get a couple more for the front end........
As you age and you realise that they haven't been moved for years, accepting they are fixture, you might hear a little voice say, "dogs are for life, not just for christmas," & smile (wickedly) to yourself ?

Reactions: rocky raccoon

marko

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 20, 2007
N.Yorkshire.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Nick, Mark. Trust you’re both well.
Yes, well thanks Steve and hope you are too. As I said, a great set up you have.
It looks like you have a rectangular room, speaker firing down the long wall. I always reckon this configuration produces the most satisfying presentation. M.

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SWMBO never said.....
And never will....but if she ever does, multiply by 3.

BTW. Thank you for giving me a laugh. I love the idea that she thought she was buying "Book Ends", but ended up with fully grown Dragons.

Do you suppose a similar thing happened to the previous owner? They probably couldn't believe their luck finding a buyer. 🙂

Last edited:

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Over the years we have had a few surprises when buying online, mainly due to my wife (who is French) - completely understandably - having little understanding of the concept of feet and inches.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Call me weird (most do....) but I kinda like them. They do look as though they are acting as guardians of your system. And the honest, the speakers make them look relatively small!

I might see if I can find Cerberus to come and act as a sentry for my setup, although my two real-life hounds do a pretty good job as it is :)

rocky raccoon

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Cambridge
AKA
Iestos de la Mancha
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now that’s dedication, you have actually aligned your patio doors to the summer solstice!
In fact this is not entirely false. The hole in the foliage was cut specifically for this view. It needs a trim in fact. The garden is shrinking !

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Call me weird (most do....) but I kinda like them. They do look as though they are acting as guardians of your system. And the honest, the speakers make them look relatively small!

I might see if I can find Cerberus to come and act as a sentry for my setup, although my two real-life hounds do a pretty good job as it is :)
I thought you were talking about real temple dogs until I saw the images. Had a few encounters with them on my travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online