Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nothing beats fond love sir ❤️❤️
My dad loved his HiFi but he loved my mum more: he gave (yes gave) me his KEF Celeste-IIIs on their round stands because "your mother doesn't like the big black boxes" and replaced them with a much smaller pair of speakers to please her (although I thought the SQ of the KEFs was better especially in the bass dept). His Linn Axis was his pride & joy. I still have what's left of his HiFi and in memory of him will try to put it to good use. My mum and my sister are not interested in HiFi.

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My dad loved his HiFi but he loved my mum more: he gave (yes gave) me his KEF Celeste-IIIs on their round stands because "your mother doesn't like the big black boxes" and replaced them with a much smaller pair of speakers to please her (although I thought the SQ of the KEFs was better especially in the bass dept). His Linn Axis was his pride & joy. I still have what's left of his HiFi and in memory of him will try to put it to good use. My mum and my sister are not interested in HiFi.
Iam really pleased to hear that sir. Family maketh the man. Wishing you a loved filled life and journey ahead sir 😍😍👍

• Thanks
Reactions: audio_PHIL_e

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are those at the back up against the white wall in the middle some kind of stringed musical instruments?
Indeed youg Phil. Indeed. Proper Telecaster, Alhambra acoustic, Stagg fretted bass, Squire copy Strat and an ESP LTD.

Less visible, Technics piano, trumpet, saxophone, three accordians and a small variety of oddments.

Even less visible: playing ability :(

Reactions: deggie

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Forgot. And a Uke and a Banjolin. Actually, both rather decent ones.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Indeed youg Phil. Indeed. Proper Telecaster, Alhambra acoustic, Stagg fretted bass, Squire copy Strat and an ESP LTD.

Less visible, Technics piano, trumpet, saxophone, three accordians and a small variety of oddments.

Even less visible: playing ability :(
Nice of you to call me "young". Many others wouldn't.

Nowt wrong with being a multi-instrumentalist, even if you do have a preference, or something you think you're best at. I claim to be an out-of-practice guitarist, who (used to) be able to find his way around a keyboard, or an electric bass.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice of you to call me "young". Many others wouldn't.

Nowt wrong with being a multi-instrumentalist, even if you do have a preference, or something you think you're best at. I claim to be an out-of-practice guitarist, who (used to) be able to find his way around a keyboard, or an electric bass.
I'm a multi-instrumentalist alright. Equally crap at all of them :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DomT

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
same here. I had the Ikea Poang chair many years ago. Decided to re-purchase because I loved it the first time around. One person assembling this by themselves is difficult and I was frustrated, but eventually, I read the tips from this article and I got the job done.

You are able to get a slight "rocking" motion out of this chair when using it; I do it all the time and it soothes me. Silly, yes - but it's comforting. Wish the cushion was thicker..
I did manage to get one. No problem putting it together but I don't it find comfortable after a few hours.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been a bit of a change in my music room today I took delivery of a Stress-Less extra wide 2 seater recliner. Decided my pooch Lucy needs to share my space as she is still pining for her sister Bella.

Yes I know it's a bit daft but it's not just for Lucy I think a two seater will work better when I have visitors.

Just trying to get everything in place atm I think the last 2 pics might be best for now then see how it goes like that🤔

IMG_7227.jpeg IMG_7226.jpeg IMG_7225.jpeg IMG_7230.jpeg IMG_7229.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles