Listening to music hopefully
Wammer
Jan 15, 2008
Leeds
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Been listening from outside most of the day while I tidied the garden ready for the wedding next Saturday ,with the concertina doors fully open
A great view from outside.
I use a Sonos Roam when in the garage or outside which I recommend but a few years back I opened the patio doors and turned my speakers to the garden - was awesome :love:

Reactions: bigrod

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
F585FEE8-BA96-4727-B8B1-FB750C70E724.jpeg
Please excuse the hideous fireplace. This is my temporary home in the UK for a year. These are @karlsushi ’s Snell Ks and @Ian ’s Audion Silver Knight Mk2 that I bought on a punt and they sound great.

All of my gear is in transit and so this is a temporary set up using a laptop and an AudioQuest Dragonfly.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's not too shabby for a "temporary setup", Dom. But you're right about the fireplace! Good job it's only a temporary living arrangement or I'd send the boys round with sledgehammers to "fix" it for you 😁

P.S. Wot-no-slippers in the photo??

• Haha
Reactions: DomT

DT79

Wammer
Apr 6, 2022
Bournemouth, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
F585FEE8-BA96-4727-B8B1-FB750C70E724.jpeg
Please excuse the hideous fireplace. This is my temporary home in the UK for a year. These are @karlsushi ’s Snell Ks and @Ian ’s Audion Silver Knight Mk2 that I bought on a punt and they sound great.

All of my gear is in transit and so this is a temporary set up using a laptop and an AudioQuest Dragonfly.
I love the simplicity

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
@DomT I don't think there is anything wrong with the fireplace, not to keen on the fire with that grate and of course it is not helped with a plain grey carpet. The system looks good which is obviously important to you, also good luck with your temporary stay in the uk. You'll be wishing you were back in Portugal come November. :ROFLMAO:

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@DomT I don't think there is anything wrong with the fireplace, not to keen on the fire with that grate and of course it is not helped with a plain grey carpet. The system looks good which is obviously important to you, also good luck with your temporary stay in the uk. You'll be wishing you were back in Portugal come November. :ROFLMAO:
Wishing that I was back there already!! Veggies and fruit lack flavour by comparison and don’t get me started on seafood but on the other hand really great English cheese and Wammers!!

DT79

Wammer
Apr 6, 2022
Bournemouth, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
These are active Genelec 8040b, no need for a preamp just a streamer straight in. After years of valve and complex set ups it’s a dream to have a simple set up. Been listening to so much more music and less faffing around. No room correction, just a couple of changes in the treble and bass tilt settings on the back of each speaker. I normally toe them in slightly.
Very nice, I’d love to hear some Genelecs.

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think the stands need to be more chunky it will give the look of solidity to them.
At the moment the speakers look a bit kind of balanced on top of the stands rather than part of them if you know what I mean🤔
Yeah, they look a little strange on top of these stands. The top plate of the stand is too big.

Reactions: MVJ

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't worry, they're fine. You fellas worry to much about speaker stands, next thing you'll be asking about the cables...
It looks weird, that's all.

Tell you wife to sort it, and it will look fine :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.