Linn Owners

Davaar 99 Beta

rocat

New Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
Hi mates.

I'm asking for help.

The software update 4.99.491 for my good old Akurate DSM is available, but it doesn't show in Konfig or in the Ipad Linn app.

I power cycled the device and waited, but no update was found.

I think mine is a DSM/0?
LINN updates.jpg

I'm afraid I don't know which one is the right file to choose from the 45 ones that can be found here, to try a manual update by Konfig::

LINN firmware.jpg

I also have a Majik DS, but is currently offline.

Thanks!

Roberto

mnky

Wammer
Wammer
May 3, 2013
oooh arrrrrr
AKA
Mnky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Rock Father ....Sneaky just updated

One note ....my Macbook screen went into sleep during the update and it stopped the update .....hitting retry....the update continued....phew!

I know ..... shouldn't let that happen .....schoolboy error..

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One note ....my Macbook screen went into sleep during the update and it stopped the update .....hitting retry....the update continued....phew!
I think in future if you are doing an update via the Linn App everything is done onboard the DS so App sleeping should not be an issue. My phone went to sleep during my last update but it completed succesfully.

Mischa

Wammer
Jan 4, 2022
Essen, Germany
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello to all,
Konfig reported the update for my Akurate. I triggered the update, the software downloaded, the update started. The progress bar filled slowly, the next thing I saw was Konfig saying Update failed. Konfig showed update again, button pressed but nothing happened. Now the Akurate shows the flashing lightning all the time, but it is no longer found on the network. Great, in about 4-5 weeks my Selekt Edition is supposed to arrive. The Akurate is to be traded in via the LINN upgrade campaign. Everything is settled and now? What can I do?
Thanks

John B

Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Swanage
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Updates to Davaar99 should be working now for all products.
Glitch was caused by an update server issue which is now resolved
Thank you for that alert. I started this thread with an MDSM/1 that became bricked when attempting the update to Davaar 99 beta. Then Konfig couldn't see the stable release of Davaar 99. But now Linn have fixed their upgrade server I have been able to upgrade to Davaar 99 stable and can now see the tab for further updates (when available) in the Linn app and in my Linn account.

Sorry to see some others still struggling.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mischa

Mischa

Wammer
Jan 4, 2022
Essen, Germany
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello to all,
Konfig reported the update for my Akurate. I triggered the update, the software downloaded, the update started. The progress bar filled slowly, the next thing I saw was Konfig saying Update failed. Konfig showed update again, button pressed but nothing happened. Now the Akurate shows the flashing lightning all the time, but it is no longer found on the network. Great, in about 4-5 weeks my Selekt Edition is supposed to arrive. The Akurate is to be traded in via the LINN upgrade campaign. Everything is settled and now? What can I do?
Thanks

My Akurate is alive again. After several exchanges with Richard from the helpline (thanks Richard: helpful as always) and some tips on the possibilities with Konfig, download mode, fallback, ... nothing led to the goal. Always update failed.

So today I went to my dealer and after 5 minutes everything was fine. What did he do? He only connected the Akurate to the network and did not use Konfig, but his iPhone with the latest LINN app. In no time at all my Akurate was displayed, including a button for system recovery. Pressed it, waited and voila, the Akurate was online again.
So if you are stuck in download mode (Lightning bolt) start the LINN app and finish the update. It seems that by installing the Davaar 99 software, even if only partially, the update access via Konfig was already so restricted that the update could no longer work.
No matter, the main thing is that it works.
Maybe it will help other Linnies before they start tearing their hair out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online