Elite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 7, 2016
Fife and London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
32346789192_721f9a8362_z.jpg

Hi-Fi News have recently awarded the Perreaux Audiant VP3 Phono Preamplifier with the ‘Highly Commended’ badge.The phonostage, which offers a separate MM and MC amplifier, impressed reviewer Nick Tate, with its flexibility of allowing users to adjust settings to suit a wide range of cartridges. 

“...a pretty balanced, accurate and grown-up sounding device that has few obvious weaknesses and a host of endearing traits.”

Not only does the Phono Preamplifier allow for customisation, it also offers dynamic sound and a sleek design. Users are also able to switch between the normal RIAA and IEC RIAA equalisation curves and select a Mono input. Thanks to this and the balanced (XLR) and unbalanced output connections, the Perreaux Audiant VP3 can ensure compatibility with almost every cartridge.

“I was impressed by how accurately each individual strand of the mix was located spatially - they seemed as if bolted down in different parts of my listening room.”

The Audiant’s layout is also setup to separate the power supply from the preamplifier, further reducing noise in the output. 

When Tate moved to a moving coil cartridge, he said; “Suddenly it seemed as if I were listening to a direct feed from the mixing desk, with the music appearing in front of me.”

Even with a scratched up vinyl record of Augustus Pablo’s 1976 King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown, the Audiant VP3 phono stage’s speed and neutrality was able to play the record without any obvious crackling. 

“...the Perreaux Audiant VP3 offers an appetising package.”

The full review can be read in the February 2017 issue of Hi-Fi News. 

Elite Audio is the official UK distributors of Perreaux hi-fi components. We offer an excellent 30-day, no risk trial on selected products allowing you to try out audio components at home with your own system. A generous part exchange is also available allowing you to upgrade for less. To find out how much your old hi-fi components are worth, take our part exchange challenge now. Alternatively, you can contact Elite Audio via email: info@eliteaudiouk.com or telephone: 020 3397 1119 for more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online