Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2015
Awbridge
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My Gato dia-250 has been living with me for a while now. I feel like she's here to stay.  :x

See is a bit of a good looker as well.

Anyone else share the love?

20170316_232558.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ruslan

Aikidoka

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2017
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have the 250s and am about to upgrade. Very impressive amplifier and am happy to upgrade to its bigger brother. It is very transparent and offers great sound quality and performance in an aesthically pleasing shape.

gwernaffield

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
May 27, 2012
north wales
AKA
pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yep a 800 watt digital module, pascal pro2, the same as the one in the gato 400 , but more power

gwernaffield

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
May 27, 2012
north wales
AKA
pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i am getting used to these FM15 the sound stage is great , so much out of such a small speaker and still more to give,

horace

Not allowed near the classifieds while drunk
Wammer
Dec 4, 2006
Morpeth (Northum)
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fellow Dia-250 owner here.

I'd describe it as everything a good modern amp should be - a great combination of functionality, sound quality and aesthetics.

My experience of Gato's customer support has been stellar. I bought my Dia-250 secondhand, only for the output stage to fail after a few months. I emailed Gato to get help with the repair. They told me to send it back to them in Denmark and they would fix it for free. 

A couple of weeks later, I received what I'm almost certain is a brand new amp. Gato even paid the postage back to the UK.

Doesn't get better than that!

Soundsinheaven

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2015
Awbridge
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Fellow Dia-250 owner here.

I'd describe it as everything a good modern amp should be - a great combination of functionality, sound quality and aesthetics.

My experience of Gato's customer support has been stellar. I bought my Dia-250 secondhand, only for the output stage to fail after a few months. I emailed Gato to get help with the repair. They told me to send it back to them in Denmark and they would fix it for free. 

A couple of weeks later, I received what I'm almost certain is a brand new amp. Gato even paid the postage back to the UK.

Doesn't get better than that!
Happened to me before. All paid for. 

Excellent customer service, Frederik is a top bloke! 

Enjoy. 

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never heard the 400, but the 250 has so much grunt that I can't see me needing any more.
Have you heard the Gato vs MF Nu Vista or Arcam A 49?.....if so, how did they compare?

I started a thread here, so you can reply there not to disrupt this one:

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought one DIA-250S to drive a pair of Gallo Reference 3.5s and liked it so much that I bought another to drive a desk-top pair of Gallo Strada 2 Satellites. Very happy with the sound and the compact nature of the Gato and the numerous features - build quality and aesthetics are excellent as well as one would expect from Denmark. Have spoken to Gato a couple of times and always received excellent service and advice. So far the system has performed faultlessly. I discovered that one can by mistake (by pressing the standby button for too long) put the unit into "SP OFF" mode which disables the speaker outputs. He (Frederik?) explained that to re-enable the speaker outputs one simply prssses and holds the standby button for 4 secs. All worked perfectly - a great compact integrated amp.

Reactions: Nopiano

jobseeker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2010
Madeira Island
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hadn’t realised that one! I thought I’d read the manual too.

After recently installing my 250S, one of my sons sent me a text asking why he’d come into the house to find a giant hip flask laid out  :D   

I’m waiting to see what the cost for the imminent NPM upgrade will be. 

jobseeker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2010
Madeira Island
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The factory versions of these amps with the Network Player Modules have just launched. Still wondering about the upgrade cost for existing owners. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles