Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2009
Middlesbrough, UK
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I listen to music on my only system for usually 2 hours a day, but I listen every day unless I’m away from home. I’ve not missed a day, I always feel like listening to music every day (it’s a simple system, silver discs, int. amp & spks).

Oddly, c/w my wife and others I know, I don’t listen to music at all on the radio, in the kitchen, and I don’t use a DAP. I don’t drive so no music in the car!

Reactions: justinhd

Lancslinn

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 13, 2012
Lancashire UK
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I listen to music pretty wellevery day. I use an iPod when I’m on the Turbo trainer in the garage. At lunchtime I like to have a post prandial nap with some quiet ish music from the streamer. Records tend to take a back seat during the summer months.

Reactions: Strider

MusicMan76

Just do what you know to be right!
Wammer Plus
Mar 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Na, I sadly miss my system even when on holiday....I have good headphones though, so still get my daily fix of music...what I do bore of however is trying to find good new to me music...the Tidal update on a Friday is normally filled with utter tosh!

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I listen to music 3 or 4 days a week summer or winter. In summer it's often in the garden via Spotify through my JBL speaker; in winter through the main system.

This year however, due to ever hotter summers, I have ditched all my Class A stuff in the main system, for an all in one digital system, so that may well change 🤞

Reactions: MVJ

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Music has been part of my life every day since I was thirteen . In that time I do not recall any day when I did not listen to some music either from one of my systems , my DAP or radio . Since the recent uplifts in sound quality of my main system this is getting more attention every day so if anything I am listening to more not less music . No issues on what to listen to either I have a place to start or might be random/song button and see what happens .

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A resounding ‘no’ here. Love music. While there’s always a time and a place, today’s been a good day for it (when the skies opened up earlier). It’s also given me a chance to tinker as I’ve swapped out amps and moved things about.

Reactions: Strider and MVJ

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah you see today, took daughter to her DofE camp, then bike ride, then stripping wallpaper, out for a meal this pm, no time for music today.

• Wow

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Walkman comes out in the summer, so I probably listen to more music than usual.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's rare that I'm in the 'can't be bothered' mood, but there are certainly times when I'm not in the mood to listen. I'm not really much into 'casual' music, I suppose. It's OK, but I find it distracting and sometimes annoying.

Sometimes I'll listen day and evening endlessly. Other times I won't turn the system on for days at a time. It's all for pleasure, so there aint no rules.

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like to research equipment to see what is out there as a change from listening.
Then if I find something I'm interested in, I like to do mental arithmetic to see if it's obtainable. I never buy because I have more important things to do with my money. But it's fun to pretend 😄.

Last edited:

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If at home I practically listen to music every day, unless if on holiday. Sometimes a few minutes to several hours.

I feel most times system sounds really good but on rare occasions sounds sublime. All depends on whatever factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online