Do you ever get that you can't be bothered to listen to music

Billz

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My HiFi is in the main living room of the house along with the TV. This means I have to hope there is nothing on the TV that the Wife wants to watch or hope she is going out for an hour or two, so I can get the HiFi to myself. Obviously there are times when I want to watch TV as well, Football, a good film or series, etc. This is only in the evenings, as I am not one to sit down during the day if there is work, chores, fishing, etc. to do. I do listen to music more in the winter than the summer. I don’t listen to music on headphones, so only other time is in car.

Sometimes, choosing something to listen to is an issue. If I am struggling to think of something I either pick an old classic album or put on Radio Paradise for inspiration.

I certainly don’t get value for money from my kit as cost per hour of listening is on the high side, but I am in it for the long haul and I always want the best system I can afford. I do get a warm shiver up my back when I turn it on.

Craig_

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 4, 2020
Norwich
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With warm weather and lots of other things to do. The faff of deciding what to listen to.
Do you find sometimes (like most of the summer) you can't be bothered.
I think for me this is mostly an October to April activity.
When I feel like that there‘s only one thing that will solve the problem…regardless of the time of year.

Upgrade:ROFLMAO:

Hifimad1

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2007
United Kingdom
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nikola Tesla had it right ; frequency, energy & vibration. ‘Music’ is the secret of the universe… well it is mine !

Reactions: Craig_

AndyCC72

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2021
Bexley, Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can still ‘be bothered’ but this hot spell has meant my listening room has gotten rather hot with the introduction of the the Line Magnetic 518A …. The massive 845 valves do get hot and heat up my smallish listening room (4.3m x 3.5m) to the point where it’s uncomfortable for long periods. I’ve taken to listening in just shorts 😅😅

Listening now and it’s bloody hot …

• Haha

Hifimad1

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2007
United Kingdom
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can still ‘be bothered’ but this hot spell has meant my listening room has gotten rather hot with the introduction of the the Line Magnetic 518A …. The massive 845 valves do get hot and heat up my smallish listening room (4.3m x 3.5m) to the point where it’s uncomfortable for long periods. I’ve taken to listening in just shorts 😅😅

Listening now and it’s bloody hot …
Get a decent fan, but remember not to fart or you’ll get a face full !

Reactions: AndyCC72

AndyCC72

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2021
Bexley, Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Get a decent fan, but remember not to fart or you’ll get a face full !
When I come back off my holiday I’m going to order one.

As for the farting, the man cave is the only place i can do it without being admonished by the wife and daughter 😅

exdem

Mayor Of Simpleton
HiFi Trade
Jun 17, 2023
exdem.com
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Since losing my little fur buddy five weeks ago I haven’t remotely felt like playing any music since, but I have forced myself to play some Kate Bush now.
Kate BUSH AERIAL is uplifting 💙.

exdem

Mayor Of Simpleton
HiFi Trade
Jun 17, 2023
exdem.com
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
With warm weather and lots of other things to do. The faff of deciding what to listen to.
Do you find sometimes (like most of the summer) you can't be bothered.
I think for me this is mostly an October to April activity.

exdem

Mayor Of Simpleton
HiFi Trade
Jun 17, 2023
exdem.com
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Yep. I go for weeks sometimes. I suspect we all do. When in doubt find a playlist in Apple, Qobuz and play it on back whilst you're cooking - or .... Spotify ( I hate them )

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I enjoy silence. Or to be more exact, ambient sounds of various kinds. Ambient sounds are the essential sounds of life. I very rarely listen to music in the car, and never use headphones unless I'm recording.

Also, whereas in my younger days I'd do all kinds of things to music, these days I can only do one thing at a time. So if I'm concentrating on any task I switch the sounds off. Much easier to think when it's quiet.
When I'm working I say "Alexa play sleep music" and my Dot plays relaxing music all day, it's great really.

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Since losing my little fur buddy five weeks ago I haven’t remotely felt like playing any music since, but I have forced myself to play some Kate Bush now.
Sorry to hear that Robby its been 3 years since I lost my soulmate and it takes a while to to get back on track 🙏

Reactions: robbyrtp

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep. I go for weeks sometimes. I suspect we all do. When in doubt find a playlist in Apple, Qobuz and play it on back whilst you're cooking - or .... Spotify ( I hate them )
I don't do Apple Qobuz Spotify downloads or anything tech, CD and vinyl only I'm afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online