HIFI Strange KEF Driver loaded Transmission Line Speaker

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just putting this on because they look to be a little different . Driver line up was KEF and based on a sealed baffle design . The Chris Rogers designed enclosure looks a little smaller that I remember but it was a very long time ago so could be just my error .

Never had a pair of Transmission Line to listen to at home and there are people who say it is one of the best loadings you can use sort best of ported and best of sealed baffle .

Worse still these are in Liverpool but I just do not have anywhere to put them so maybe someone else would be interested and if so may be if in the North West they could let me hear them .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28510342...hw7YrN5K1FIKNVsOMFwhWYfsY=|tkp:Bk9SR66V2b-6YQ

Reactions: Nopiano

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Probably worth 300 for the drive units. In my experience (IMF, PMC, TDL) transmission line speakers have slow bass, people try to get too much out of the cabinet/driver.

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Once had a pair of TDL 4 way Monitors built by an ex-BT engineer. They used the Elac bass unit instead of the usual KEF B300 so the bass was a lot faster than many TL designs. Sold it to a guy who came all the way from Holland to collect them. Within first few minutes of the listening demo he had loaded them into the back of his estate car. I rather miss them. Even my wife, who has had to out up with this hobby invading the house, said they sounded full and rich.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_J and Nopiano

405Pairing

Wammer
Dec 9, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just putting this on because they look to be a little different . Driver line up was KEF and based on a sealed baffle design . The Chris Rogers designed enclosure looks a little smaller that I remember but it was a very long time ago so could be just my error .

Never had a pair of Transmission Line to listen to at home and there are people who say it is one of the best loadings you can use sort best of ported and best of sealed baffle .

Worse still these are in Liverpool but I just do not have anywhere to put them so maybe someone else would be interested and if so may be if in the North West they could let me hear them .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28510342...hw7YrN5K1FIKNVsOMFwhWYfsY=|tkp:Bk9SR66V2b-6YQ
Radford did Transmission Lines decades ago - the theory is, if the line is long enough it does not matter what it is terminated into. Theirs were superb, could handle Organ Music no problems. They used long fibre wool in the line to suppress the sound in the line. However, these look nothing like the insides of the Radford's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles