Your favourite films on Talking Pictures

karlinamillion

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2007
Londinium
AKA
Karl
For those who are unaware Talking Pictures (Ch 81 Freeview) is largely 1930's>1970's films plus quite a few TV series that the Elders of this site will remember.

My favs to start with;
Small Hotel 1957, charming and very funny film, I suspect it might of triggered off the idea for Falwty Towers. With Irene Handl as Mrs Gammon!

Don't Talk to Strange Men 1962 a very disturbing film, well ahead of society in discussing child abduction. End is a bit pony though.

The Boston Strangler 1968 Incredible use of split screen, creepy and chilling. Watched it about 6 times over covid, chilled me to the bone each time.

Girl with a Pistol 1968 Odd Italian honour killing film, set mainly in the UK with lots of familiar faces. Sort of surreal in an Italian way but captivating.

Last edited:

tomatoeweyr

New Wammer
Mar 8, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For those who are unaware Talking Pictures (Ch 81 Freeview) is largely 1930's>1970's films plus quite a few TV series that the Elders of this site will remember.

My favs to start with; geometry dash lite
Small Hotel 1957, charming and very funny film, I suspect it might of triggered off the idea for Falwty Towers. With Irene Handl as Mrs Gammon!
In fact, in the movies you recommend, maybe only Small Hotel, I find its content attractive and worth watching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles