2 Focus - Moving Waves - Eruption
3 George F Handel - Messiah - I know that my Redeemer liveth
4 Jacques Loussier Trio - Play Bach 3 - The Italian Concerto presto movement
5 James Taylor - Sweet Baby James - Title track
6 Jethro Tull - Songs from the Wood - Title track
7 John Mayall - Moving On - Worried mind
8 Wishbone Ash - Argus - Throw down the sword

Book = Douglas R Hofstadter - Strange Loops

Luxury item = my ES-175 if my GA5 combo can be bundled with it otherwise my Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic archtop

PS Necessity item = mains power + my HiFi if any of those tracks are going to be heard

BalooToo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No cheating complete works not allowed Roy Plumley says so! If I had to choose one Pratchett it would be Pyramids.

Reactions: Tony_J and MVJ

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1. The Musical Box - Genesis
2. Awaken - YES
3. Lucky Man - ELP
4. Hey Jude - The Beatles
5. Ordinary People - Neil Young
6. Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
7. Song of Wandering Angus - The Waterboys
8. Wait For Her - Roger Waters

Book - David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
Luxury Item - Swiss Army knife

BalooToo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent album, my copy is still in good nick. There are some creditable live versions on some of the CDs available on the camelProductions website.
Never owned a CD player, listening to it now on Amazon, got to get it on vinyl again, why oh why did I ever sell my vinyl:(

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just listening to Chris's favourite song. (y)

BarneysDad

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 9, 2021
Melton Mowbray
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  • Nick Drake, Way To Blue.
  • Ryan Adams* & The Cardinals, Magnolia Mountain.
  • Whiskeytown. Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart
  • The Long Ryders. Looking For Lewis & Clark *
  • Bowie. TVC 15. Or as the presenter following my radio show (local community) announced on the day Bowie passed, TVC Fifteen. He's still trying to live that one down.
  • Prince. Purple Rain. *
  • Bruce Springsteen. * Jack Of All Trades. Not the most obvious of Bruce tracks, but its almost like I wrote it. Saw him play it at The Isle Of Wight. Broke me into pieces.
  • Ian Dury & The Blockheads, * Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Thing with Ian, he was so disabled he had to be almost carried to the microphone. When he got hold of that mike stand he became the most charismatic/powerful front man I've ever seen. Even more than John Lydon & thats saying something. Then theres The Blockheads...what a live band!
* seen live.

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  • Nick Drake, Way To Blue.
  • Ryan Adams* & The Cardinals, Magnolia Mountain.
  • Whiskeytown. Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart
  • The Long Ryders. Looking For Lewis & Clark *
  • Bowie. TVC 15. Or as the presenter following my radio show (local community) announced on the day Bowie passed, TVC Fifteen. He's still trying to live that one down.
  • Prince. Purple Rain. *
  • Bruce Springsteen. * Jack Of All Trades. Not the most obvious of Bruce tracks, but its almost like I wrote it. Saw him play it at The Isle Of Wight. Broke me into pieces.
  • Ian Dury & The Blockheads, * Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Thing with Ian, he was so disabled he had to be almost carried to the microphone. When he got hold of that mike stand he became the most charismatic/powerful front man I've ever seen. Even more than John Lydon & thats saying something. Then theres The Blockheads...what a live band!
* seen live.
Dury was an interesting guy. We had a great chat when he wandered into my cafe whilst on tour and liked the music I was playing.

Reactions: BarneysDad

BarneysDad

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 9, 2021
Melton Mowbray
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Dury was an interesting guy. We had a great chat when he wandered into my cafe whilst on tour and liked the music I was playing.
When I was on community radio managed to blag an interview with Norman Watt-Roy, Blockheads bass maestro.
What I can tell you is Ian loved nothing better than to start a pub/curry house argument.

Reactions: BalooToo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles