Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Amazon Prime are about to bite the dust with me. Cheeky sods have lowered their quality content and shifted it to another subscription channel named Sundance. I took up the free week trial in order to watch the remaining two series of "The Bureau" a very good French espionage series. Cheeky fuckers can take a hike when it comes to renewal. I only wish I hadn't let the annual renewal automatically carry on. It wasn't easy to cancel the Sundance either, prior to the charges kicking in.

Reactions: Martin D

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I've still a bit to go on the Prime membership and there isn't always that much worth watching. However Absentia is worth a look. Set in Boston a female FBI agent disappears for 6 years only to return with limited recollection of what happened to her. Another bit of nonsense is that her husband who is now remarried is also an FBI agent and is allowed to work the case, as if. Still watchable with many a twist and turn.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Amazon Prime are about to bite the dust with me. Cheeky sods have lowered their quality content and shifted it to another subscription channel named Sundance. I took up the free week trial in order to watch the remaining two series of "The Bureau" a very good French espionage series. Cheeky fuckers can take a hike when it comes to renewal. I only wish I hadn't let the annual renewal automatically carry on. It wasn't easy to cancel the Sundance either, prior to the charges kicking in.
Take it in November for two months. Use Prime for deliveries leading up to Christmas. Save up shows on a list to watch during your short subscription period. Meanwhile lapse Netflix and/or other streaming service ( Netflix retains your settings and lists for up to ten months ). 

This is now my standard annual procedure for these services.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Christmas is coming. Take Prime now, on a pay monthly basis. Use the enhanced delivery to help at Christmas. There are some great shows to watch on Amazon. Less good overall than Netflix, yes, but unique and good ones nevertheless. Man in the High Castle , S4 is soon.  So lapse your Netflix for two or three months - they wil retain your data and lists for ten months max. I've said this before but it really is one of the best tips I have for you and now is the time. If yojr tv isn't set up for Amazon you simply plug in the easy to use Amazon firestick, a one off cost now at very low money.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just noticed on Prime that they have the comedy film, The Legend of Barney Thomson, set in Glasgow with Robert Carlisle.

It is actually very funny and deserves to have a bit of a cult status. It is unfortunately little known of though. 

Enjoy with a curry and two bottles of wine.

• Upvote
Reactions: brystonian

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great movie , 10/10 entertainment factor , love Robert Carlyle .
Good stuff. My personal favourite moment from the film was the bloke with the throat amplifier, talking over the balconies.  :)

Have a go at that Deutschland83 I recommended above. If you want a comedy, try The Last Man on Earth.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Bazzer  and anyone else interested.

Regarding Deutschland 83, the follow-up show Deutschland 86 is available too.

You can pay for it on Amazon ( not free with Prime ), or you can watch 86 for free on the All4 ( that's channel 4 ) app and site. 

83 remains free with Prime, currently.

86 is set in Africa and East Germany, at a time when the country's finances were creaking and was getting harder and harder to maintain the lie of the system. They came up with all manner of schemes to keep it afloat. Its still good, while perhaps not being as good as the first, I don't know, you decide.

There are plans for an 89, set during the time of the collapse of the wall and DDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bazzer

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, its intriguing. You beat me to it !  :)

I've seen chats about it and there's been some laughter about daft plot lines rumoured  and the apparent lack of awareness of current writers and director of things past in Star Trek. But I suppose the less you know the less it can annoy you. 

The big thing that could ward people off watching a new addition to the Star Trek franchise is the way in which politics and ideology had made an unwelcome and clumsy intrusion into the latest things , particularly Star Trek Discovery, which actual fans of Star Trek has said is awful. I am happy to say that Picard seems so far to be fairly unaffected by this scourge of Hollywood and I hope it continues.

The fact its Picard carries it and all the stories and connected characters past that can be built on more or less guarantees interesting plots. How daft they are is another thing but I think we can suspend disbelief and just enjoy it.

So far, thumbs up from me.

Here's a trailer to whet appetites :

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unfortunately, three episodes in Picard does have some bad aspects after all. However I am enjoying it and will continue. It could have been worse and been like Discovery.

Good news !  OUTLANDER is back for it's fifth season. A good yarn with some awesome music and scenery too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good news !  OUTLANDER is back for it's fifth season. A good yarn with some awesome music and scenery too.
maxresdefault.jpg
I watched the first couple of series. Is it still full of gratuitous humping? I see the villain who liked to give it Jamie up the kilt has been playing another villain in the Crown. Mind you he deserved punishment for the syrupy overuse of the term sassanach. It put me right off the series I can tell you. She was a bloody hopeless actress particularly when in the voice over commentary but she does look rather tasty.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny, I just noticed your upvote of Picard in this thread and now reading your mention of Hunters ...... just as I watch ...... episode 1.  :)

Hunters is kind of ridiculous in one way, yet I want to stay with ti and see what happens as well. Its probably going to one of those shows where you think, yes this was a good idea, but it was executed badly. Yes, this is another drama that suffers from the Hollywood malaise with some dialogue and situations just being utter cringe.  Well we shall see how it goes. So far its a bit of both really.  

Give it a go. Trouble is, even if its continually cringe-worthy, once you get involved in a drama you kind of have to see what happens !  I got involved like this with Sky's show, Cobra with Robert Carlisle as PM, which was utter cringe garbage but could have been a good show if only. I just had to see what happened but by the end thought gee what a waste of my time. Hunters is far better than Cobra though.

Reactions: greybeard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles