Worth watching on Amazon Prime

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
There's about one thousand films included with Amazon Prime - the 'free' ones I mean.

The problem is searching through these films to find the gems can be a slow process, especially using the TV app.

So, if you have Amazon Prime and you've seen a decent or even half-decent 'Included with Amazon Prime' film, post the titles here.

Here's a few..

The Debt

The Imitation Game

April 9th

Ao - The Last Hunter

Rise of the Footsoldier (a straight to DVD movie, but one of the better ones)

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
These two are worth a watch:

The first one is about how lance Armstrong cheated and beat the drugs test. Fascinating and informative and a real eye opener.

51JFV70LcuL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

The second one is a no frills French suspense/chase film. They do know how to make a decent film do the French. A limited time film so watch it while you can.

51gowcupASL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
 Used to buy about 350 things annually from amazon - wish that they would link Prime usefully to VM Tivo box, then I would join in again ...

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can get one of those stick things or the deluxe box jobby. It's either feast or famine with Amazon Prime, similar with Netflix. Too much dross to wade through to find anything interesting at times.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

misterpete

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2007
N Yorks
AKA
Have a guess!
Watched the first episode of "Goliath"on A. Prime. Billy Bob Thornton stars together with William Hurt, looks to be very promising.

heads up, just watched episodes 2and 3 this series is excellent, soundtrack is pretty good too!

Last edited by a moderator:

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
These two are worth a watch:

The first one is about how lance Armstrong cheated and beat the drugs test. Fascinating and informative and a real eye opener.

51JFV70LcuL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

The second one is a no frills French suspense/chase film. They do know how to make a decent film do the French. A limited time film so watch it while you can.

51gowcupASL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg
damn, I missed "The Prey" - you have to pay for it now on Prime.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Makes me wonder if some of the choices on Prime are related to previous viewing. They've watched this so we'll charge em for that. It would be interesting to do a Tin Foil hat survey with other subscribers.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here's a couple that I've watched recently:

This is an interesting one that picks up as it goes along. The cop in Breaking Bad is in it and plays a good part. The story is about an old Jewish guy hunting down his family's killer from Auschwitz.

51WBWRSvCIL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

Another one worth a watch is a French subtitled film called The Student and Mr Henri. A pleasant little story about a young student trying to make her way in life and a grumpy old man.

61+Lg1G-x7L._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
EDIT :

Sorry, didn't notice there was already an Amazon Prime streaming thread. Have copied the post into the existing thread and asked the mods to delete my thread..

Found myself signing up to Amazon Prime, just for the access to unique shows I fancied, although I will also get free fast delivery on goods - I suppose that will be handy right enough with Xmas coming up.

An important thing to mention is that you can now pay monthly rather than just with an annual fee. Therefore if there are just a few shows you fancy you could theoretically just pay for one month if you will be quick, view them then cancel.

I signed up initially for The Man In The High Castle, which I'm sure most of you already know about . It was blooming excellent !  Season two by the way, is from mid December.

man-high-castle-1120-header.jpg

I used to be in Amazon streaming before but I came out of it because of the lack of subtitles, that I needed for my poor hearing. There also wasn't much in HD. Both were considerably behind Netflix. But now things are much better. I notice many more titles with subtitles and more available in HD.

I will say as a caveat regarding HD, it isn't like watching bluray. No way. I'd take as an analogy this thing with megapixels and cameras. High megapixels count does not in itself make for good pictures although it helps. They try to compress through HD into a fraction of the bandwidth it should actually take to do it, if it were the same file sizes found on bluray discs. I'm not knowledgeable enough to be able to describe the video artifacts involved, but watching it you'll see and it is pretty obvious if you are looking for it. I think anyway, that I have noticed this more than on Netflix streams, but I could be wrong.

No matter. Certain things are Amazon streaming and that is it. So best just to concentrate on the enjoyment of the show.

Man In The High Castle was really, really good.

The second show I just finished watching , is Outlander. It is rather good too and has received much critical praise. It has its flaws of course but you just forgive it and get on with enjoying the drama of it. Its a tremendous yarn, with good production and some excellent music.

outlander.jpg

Please, give us more, unique ( or first ) to Amazon recommendations in this thread.

EDIT :

Sorry, didn't notice there was already an Amazon Prime streaming thread. Have copied the post into the existing thread and asked the mods to delete my thread..

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Makes me wonder if some of the choices on Prime are related to previous viewing. They've watched this so we'll charge em for that. It would be interesting to do a Tin Foil hat survey with other subscribers.

Ha Ya THUNK!

Anyone else watching Goliath? Very good so far.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Billy Bob Thornton ? Noticed it, but haven't checked out what its about.

I've just been watching a few episodes of Manhattan.

A quiet but good drama, about the Manhattan Project. I knew a bit about life in the secret town, having visited the area and taken an interest in the subject. Its not what many think, especially in its early days. Worse for some, were the psychological factors, including the extreme secrecy and understandable paranoia, that also had consequences to varying degrees for the staff and families. You are given a sense of the enormity and uncertainty of the times.

46821.jpg

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Both Bosch series quite good. It was my reason for subscribing to Amazon as I have read all the Bosch books with the exception of the last one.

steve65

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 15, 2014
Norf Lundun
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mr Robot is very good and I have had a number of people highly recommend Goliath. I shall be watching that next. 

misterpete

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2007
N Yorks
AKA
Have a guess!
"Mr Robot" was fascinating and "Goliath" hugely addictive, Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt both superb. Just finished "Start up" which was equally addictive. Martin Freeman's best part yet after "Fargo", a superbly told tale, I would heartily recommend it.

daveyu

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 25, 2011
London
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just started watching Goliath, very good so far, Billy Bob Thornton superb

Ripper Street last series, superb, sad to see it end

AlMac

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 11, 2013
Brighton
AKA
Alex
The Search, a French made film about the second war in Chechnya. No bullshit Hollywood heroics, just a very moving film.

41R+wCOaFfL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500px,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US160_.jpg
if you are into french movies about war... this will definitely do the trick. Noe - the original french title was deemed offensive, so it was changed...you'll be greetin' at the end.

'Days of Glory'http:// (2006 film)

220px-Indig-film.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online