Linn Owners

Will Linn bring some 330 = 360 without Bass module?

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Do you think Linn will bring some more speakers in the Klimax range? Or only below in the new Selekt range.
I have no idea, but it would seem bizarre not to offer (some of) the same 360 model drivers in a smaller cabinet.

It looks as though Linn is avoiding labelling the 360 a Klimax, which makes sense. Especially as a smaller model could just as well have a Klimax source as a Selekt one, as you say.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Do you think Linn will bring some more speakers in the Klimax range? Or only below in the new Selekt range.
I think a modernized version of the Klimax 320's would be an interesting idea, with the same drivers as the 360's, minus the lower bass drivers.

With built in amplification and DACs in the stands such as the Akudoriks, would be a more affordable speaker than the 360's. Add a subwoofer with the Exakt Subbox, and you could have a formidable full range sounding speaker

I don't know what kind of a market there is for such a concept, but it could be a winner.

Reactions: Nopiano

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would think an all new replacement for the Akubariks at the Selekt level is on the way. It would include upper bass, mid and tweeter drivers from the 360 with lesser bass, electronics, and cabinet. Pure speculation on my part.
We will see beginning next year that you are right.

Reactions: akamatsu

Iain Docherty

Wammer
Apr 21, 2020
I think a modernized version of the Klimax 320's would be an interesting idea, with the same drivers as the 360's, minus the lower bass drivers.

With built in amplification and DACs in the stands such as the Akudoriks, would be a more affordable speaker than the 360's. Add a subwoofer with the Exakt Subbox, and you could have a formidable full range sounding speaker

I don't know what kind of a market there is for such a concept, but it could be a winner.
10 years ago at the 40th anniversary, there were strong rumours that Philbo had prototyped a modular speaker with ‘array’ box and bass box that could be mixed and matched across different performance levels. Interesting idea, but it obviously didn’t come to pass.

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
10 years ago at the 40th anniversary, there were strong rumours that Philbo had prototyped a modular speaker with ‘array’ box and bass box that could be mixed and matched across different performance levels. Interesting idea, but it obviously didn’t come to pass.
I had not heard that before, but I do recall on a factory tour in 2017 seeing some speakers in their R&D room that I had never seen before.
The door was partially open, as we walked by, but was closed quickly 🕵🏻‍♂️🔍

Reactions: Iain Docherty

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was thinking that Linn could still offer the dispersion feature in a less expensive cabinet by making it the same way as the Series 3. But I'm not sure how that would look.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online