Wammer
Apr 6, 2022
Bournemouth, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
95A3EA02-2B82-44BC-8C53-115D8DDB4316.jpeg
F4B76DBB-DF36-4866-90CB-D616174E6ADB.jpeg
+ a Lyngdorf SDA-2400 hidden behind the sofa

Technics 1200G / Ortofon Cadenza Black / Gold Note PH-1 0+ PSU-10 or Bigbottle Audio Mk3

Audiolab 6000CDT

Oppo 203

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (Roon) + SDA-2400 driving Kudos S20As in active configuration with 2* Lyngdorf BW-2 subs crossed over at 100hz.

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
been listenning to this cheap cambridge audio azur 350c cd player, it goes quiet well, i cannot really her to many differances between it and a old beresford tc7510 have as well, there is differances but there little bits not a lot i can pin down, was at a friends the other day and he had a cheap denon dvd sacd player i think about 2010 maybe earlier and it was also rather good at playing cd nicely,. my azur is supposed to have a posh dac in it? i am not sure, but it goes ok, . i got a old marantz cd 6000 the original sig version , i am going to did out next ,had a bit more time these days to listen to tunes, . i suspect the marantz might just get the top spot,.

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When your family are thoughtful happy birthday from my cousins
i see its a real thing the cable lifter etc, i suppose it must be a posstive thing as people are doing it etc, i am openminded, for no particular reason , rich

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's more cable management , I hate cables touching each other , I guess I get a little jealous, lol ,
oh i see, yes it does look tidy, i have just cleaned up my lstenning space for that very thing of it looked like a foooking mess, i had this and that and then another box, etc i might move to a all in one system, seriously i got a big box quiet posh tunner, then another bog box for the amp and quiet big yamaha as 500 thing then a couple of boxes and lead for the cd, all be it half size, then stuff on teh rack to hold things, and a little selection of remotes,. sadly i missed a very nice little all in one marantz recently for cheap as chips money, something will come up again no dout, , i have history like many on hear big systems and lots of shelf space, big electrostatics, and a 800 watt power amp with a really cheap kenwood preamp, cables you could weld with plus a spare set of 15 inch jbl diy speakers with a 14 inch horn on top .

Reactions: greybeard

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
95A3EA02-2B82-44BC-8C53-115D8DDB4316.jpeg
F4B76DBB-DF36-4866-90CB-D616174E6ADB.jpeg
+ a Lyngdorf SDA-2400 hidden behind the sofa

Technics 1200G / Ortofon Cadenza Black / Gold Note PH-1 0+ PSU-10 or Bigbottle Audio Mk3

Audiolab 6000CDT

Oppo 203

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (Roon) + SDA-2400 driving Kudos S20As in active configuration with 2* Lyngdorf BW-2 subs crossed over at 100hz.

a great looking set up , must be a lovely full sound with teh two subs etc, very nice,. ,

Reactions: DT79

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers, Yes I love feeling the bass as much as hearing it :)
yes i agree but it can be tricky getting some thing that sound good to play , tunes etc, i wonder if some mastering is really poor and or also mixed for really poor system speakers, i know its a compromise, but some things are terrible, i got some latin band cds recorded in local studioes in places like brazil, pertoreco , etc, and some are just so over powering bottmo end, all i can thing is either the doors in the studio were missing or the monitor had a lack of low end because even on my modest system, and 40 year old song G4 THREE WAY SPEAKERS THE LOW END can be huuuuuge , un listennable, at times,. and then other cds hardly a hint of propper low end ?? strtange, ,

DT79

Wammer
Apr 6, 2022
Bournemouth, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes i agree but it can be tricky getting some thing that sound good to play , tunes etc, i wonder if some mastering is really poor and or also mixed for really poor system speakers, i know its a compromise, but some things are terrible, i got some latin band cds recorded in local studioes in places like brazil, pertoreco , etc, and some are just so over powering bottmo end, all i can thing is either the doors in the studio were missing or the monitor had a lack of low end because even on my modest system, and 40 year old song G4 THREE WAY SPEAKERS THE LOW END can be huuuuuge , un listennable, at times,. and then other cds hardly a hint of propper low end ?? strtange, ,
Agreed, recording quality and deliberate decisions about the mix vary wildly and you have to strike a compromise. As long as it sounds right on Pink Floyd then I’m happy and anything else I can put up with!

Leeken

Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Wirral
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Agreed, recording quality and deliberate decisions about the mix vary wildly and you have to strike a compromise. As long as it sounds right on Pink Floyd then I’m happy and anything else I can put up with!
Pretty much how I’ve upgraded for the last 25 years,now ive decided I actually prefer hawkwind,or maybe my upgrades didn’t work the way I wanted 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DT79

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles