Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@JANDL100 True to form another amplifier in for assessment, you never let us down Jerry. I've never heard a Lentek, but everything I've read from users has been positive. Hope you enjoy it for a couple of months.
Haha, yes.
A lot of gear, like a generous portion of figs, just passes straight through.
But the Lentek will definitely be staying a while, and I might even get it checked out and if necessary recapped.

It is undoubtedly sounding very good.

Reactions: oldius

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Haha, yes.
A lot of gear, like a generous portion of figs, just passes straight through.
But the Lentek will definitely be staying a while, and I might even get it checked out and if necessary recapped.

It is undoubtedly sounding very good.
This amplifier was a cost-no-object piece, retailing at £745 in 1978. With the right speakers, it is sublime, but it is a little fussier than its specs suggest. If the caps are original, they will be 40+. I had mine recapped and fully serviced because of that. I look forward to hearing more.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mainly inspired by the ongoing enthusiasm of @oldius, one of these has been on my Want List for quite a long time.

It's rather tattier aesthetically than it looks in the photo. But is as described on the eBay auction, and I got it at what I think is a fair price. Tested it on some cheap speakers first, now connected to my MBL speakers.

I suspect it's all original, so I may well get it serviced, but it doesn't sound obviously 'off'.

Initial impressions are... this is good.

IMG_20230321_152715.jpg
I've got Joolz's one.
My mate Martin nd I are planning to see if it works and how well it works next week.
It will be available in due course as its my job to sell on his equipment for Cathy, his widow.
I know one thing about it - its very heavy!

Jack NSM

Reactions: oldius

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
just bought BK ELECTRONICS XXLS 400 subwoofer to add more depth to the Proacs, was looking at the RELS, but after demoing ,and talking to the informative and very helpful guys at BK electronics ended up buying the XXLS 400 in cherry finish to match the PROACS, when my listening room is finished{spare bedroom😁} i may look at getting another subwoofer IMG_20230323_115041.jpg

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Phil48 What a surprise, the guys at BK Electronics recommending their XXL400 over a sub from REL. :ROFLMAO:
Looks a nice match for your ProArcs though.
hiya, to be honest the guys at BK ELECTRONICS did not recommend the sub, I had access to a REL T5X, tried that out, I advertised on here, wanted REL T5 and some one suggested BK ELECTRONICS, until then I had not heard of them, I was loaned one, happy with the sound, build quality, and service, so I bought one, plus they are available in number of different wood and paint finishes ,to match most appliances or decor, once I have had it up and running for a while, I will post a review on it.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Quick update:
  • Rearranged shelving for a more side-by-side look rather than everything in one stack - which also means I can actually read the amp's display
  • New SACDP in-situ - Marantz SA-KI Ruby
  • New I/C - Van del Hul "The Hill" replacing the previous First Ultimate, which has now been moved to the phono stage for the moment
  • Trying out some Kimber 8TC in place of the Chord Epic Twin, which wasn't working for me
  • Experimenting with the tilt angle of the speaker panel, using some temporary spacers
I still have tidying to do on some of the cables that are doing my head in. And I've still not painted the wall where I moved the trunking for the power sockets.

Oh, and new plants too :)

tempImageSOgw0N.jpg

tempImage46Dzsm.jpg

Snoopdog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 30, 2005
Winchester, Hants
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Quick update:
  • Rearranged shelving for a more side-by-side look rather than everything in one stack - which also means I can actually read the amp's display
  • New I/C - Van del Hul "The Hill" replacing the previous First Ultimate, which has now been moved to the phono stage for the moment
  • Trying out some Kimber 8TC in place of the Chord Epic Twin, which wasn't working for me
  • Experimenting with the tilt angle of the speaker panel, using some temporary spacers
I still have tidying to do on some of the cables that are doing my head in. And I've still not painted the wall where I moved the trunking for the power sockets.

tempImageSOgw0N.jpg

tempImage46Dzsm.jpg
I like what you've done with the houseplants @Jules_S

Verrrrrrry interesting!

Quick update:

tempImageSOgw0N.jpg

tempImage46Dzsm.jpg
Quick update:

tempImageSOgw0N.jpg

tempImage46Dzsm.jpg
I like what you've done with the houseplants @Jules_S

"Verrrrry interesting!"

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Quick update:

tempImageSOgw0N.jpg

tempImage46Dzsm.jpg
Jules, this might sound silly but what we were talking about with the ML’s, just as an experiment, cover the TV with a blanket to see if there is a difference. As you know, the panels fire both ways 😉

Reactions: Ady

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jules, this might sound silly but what we were talking about with the ML’s, just as an experiment, cover the TV with a blanket to see if there is a difference. As you know, the panels fire both ways 😉
Yeah, I hear you, and I've no doubt it would change the tonality noticeably. This probably sounds irrational but it's just something I'm reluctant to do. Firstly, the thought of something touching the TV panel (and leaving even more dust!) makes me squirm. Second, as we do watch quite a lot of TV I'd be forever covering and uncovering it. Too much of a pain in the asspidistra 😁 I would consider motorised curtains... one for the room refurb, perhaps.

P.S. am strongly considering acoustic panels either side of the telly, in the corners, where they can hopefully manage some of the complex reflections from front and side wall. Eventually there will be a custom double-shelf for the hi-fi & AV, and I will be moving my turntable wall bracket lower, so there would be room on the left as well as the right

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah, I hear you, and I've no doubt it would change the tonality noticeably. This probably sounds irrational but it's just something I'm reluctant to do. Firstly, the thought of something touching the TV panel (and leaving even more dust!) makes me squirm. Second, as we do watch quite a lot of TV I'd be forever covering and uncovering it. Too much of a pain in the asspidistra 😁 I would consider motorised curtains... one for the room refurb, perhaps.

P.S. am strongly considering acoustic panels either side of the telly, in the corners, where they can hopefully manage some of the complex reflections from front and side wall. Eventually there will be a custom double-shelf for the hi-fi & AV, and I will be moving my turntable wall bracket lower, so there would be room on the left as well as the right
It was just an idea to see if that’s where a problem lies. At least you can confirm or deny 😊

Reactions: Jules_S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles