What TV/DVDs are you watching?

Signs

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 14, 2019
George and Tammy ,

not a fan of country and western ( to depressing , the wife's left , crop has failed and the dog has died etc etc ) but I'm enjoying this series , man George could drink !

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
George and Tammy ,

not a fan of country and western ( to depressing , the wife's left , crop has failed and the dog has died etc etc ) but I'm enjoying this series , man George could drink !
This sounds like an excerpt from Interstellar 🤔

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just binge watched the series "Dark" on Netflix. Quite enjoyed it.
I'd previously watched the series "1899" by the same people. Enjoyed that too.

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For the past few afternoons I've watched the Margaret Rutherford 'Miss Marple' films.

Used to love them as a child (no comments) and thoroughly enjoyed them this week.

A great actor and great fun.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For the past few afternoons I've watched the Margaret Rutherford 'Miss Marple' films.

Used to love them as a child (no comments) and thoroughly enjoyed them this week.

A great actor and great fun.
While I could imagine Margaret Rutherford being good at Miss Marple, I thought Joan Hickson was good at it too.

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
While I could imagine Margaret Rutherford being good at Miss Marple, I thought Joan Hickson was good at it too.
Joan Hickson was superb.

The Rutherford Marple's are a more comedic bastardisation of a few novels. But, as I say, great fun. Recommended if you haven't seen them.

Reactions: audio_PHIL_e

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just watched the fascinating Netflix documentary series about Bernie Madoff, charting his meteoric rise and inevitable fall in 2008. The amounts of money involved is quite staggering and quite how so many people got duped/turned a blind eye is eye watering. A one word summation: Greed.

Well worth it but as is the case with most documentaries these days too long. Could quite easily have been covered in 2 episodes at the most rather than the actual 4.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got Apple TV+ free for 6 months through Sky, and am binge watching Slow Horses, which is about failed Mi5 agents who end up at Slough House, where Gary Oldman plays their slovenly boss, superb!

Reactions: Billz and Tony_J

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just finished watching the third and final series of Happy Valley on iPlayer. There was some absolutely stellar acting in this series. Sarah Lancashire doesn't appear to be acting, she just inhabits the part. The villain as played by James Norton is menacingly good but not in a cheesy way. Siobhan Finneran who plays the dopey sister is also good. The character development and great script by Sally Wainwright, who was a local to the series setting, is done to perfection.
A big plus for us is trying to spot the areas where the external scenes are shot as we live fairly local to the setting and spend a lot of time in the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles