What is your ‘switch on’ ritual /process?

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
open the Material Skin interface

Good Lord are we still talking about starting up the HiFi ...... :ROFLMAO:

I know - sounds weird but it's just a variant of the web inteface to LMS (Logitech Media Server). Actually works very well as a means of controlling streamers that are connected to LMS (such as SBT's, PiCorePlayer,...etc.).

Good to hear Tony - especially since you been assigned to look after us Newbie WAM demonstrators at the show later this year ....... ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

unclefz

Wammer
May 20, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Switch on source(es)
Switch on preamp (integrated amp used as a pre)
switch on phono pre if going to be used.
Switch on power amp
Select appropriate source on preamp remote

Sources.
If FM/DAB/internet select station or use what was on last time
If CD put disk in tray and close door select play.
If LP select album and place on turntable and start turntable, clean stylus, clean record, cue arm and play.

Retire to listening position with preferred (alcoholic) beverage.

oh yeah, I almost forgot TURN IT UP!!

When its all over..
Switch off power amp first.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doesn't anyone just switch on and listen to music? Rituals, tweaks, thinking about the "hi-fi set up"... Isn't all this shite spoiling the enjoyment of what the equipment is supposed to do... Help you listen to the music you enjoy???
Your quite right far to many audiophiles massively overthink things I know I did but I'm better now .

Turn it on to listen to music be it Streamer, CD or Vinyl turn it off when I've finished.

The end😝

Reactions: Stephen101

JezR

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2009
Brighton, UK
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doesn't anyone just switch on and listen to music? Rituals, tweaks, thinking about the "hi-fi set up"... Isn't all this shite spoiling the enjoyment of what the equipment is supposed to do... Help you listen to the music you enjoy???
I think it's more about not blowing your tweeters up.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just like musicians don't just walk on stage and play their best number, so we enjoy the build-up to the performance. Or some BS like that.

Basically, if I don't turn everything on in order, the fundamental mass-energy relationship in the vicinity will cause a tear in the continuum and the Midlands could turn into a black hole. And before anyone says it, yes, I know...

Rayymondo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For some strange reason my new integrated amp turns on and off with the remote for the DAC, even though they are from different manufacturers. As I generally need both turned on anyway (unless on the rare occasion of just turning amp and tuner on) it works out quite well. So for me it's all turned on and off at the same time, whether I like it or not :) (Obviously I could go over and press the buttons if I really wanted to or had a preference for the order I wanted them on or off).

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Switch supra 6 way extension on at wall socket …wait 2 minutes …
Jobs a gud un
Seems very boring to some posts in this thread

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Streamer and DAC are always on so:

Phono
Pre
Power

Stick Paradise Radio on, go make a brew and then sit down to listen to some records.

zeta4

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2009
Oxford, , United Kin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Most of my stuff is self built which shows.

So

Switch on the mains. Yes I have forgotten this before.
Switch on the battery supply to the CD player. Check battery level
Switch on the CD player
Wait a couple of minutes, switch it off then on again. You may be wondering why I do this.
Its because it has a bug on the motherboard and I'm too idle to change it. At the next
switch on it boots up properly.
Switch on the valve amplifier stage and wait for a few minutes while it warms up
Then finally switch on the mosfet power buffer stage.
Finally music.

Yes my wife thinks I'm nuts as well.

ps I forgot. If I want to play vinyl that involves another couple of switch on operations.

Last edited:

jamesrfisher

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 20, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Depends on time of day.

If it's the morning, switch on amp, set volume to desired level, choose record and switch on TT or chose a playlist and press play. Sit back, take a sip of coffee and enjoy

If it's the evening switch on amp, set volume to desired level, choose record and switch on TT or chose a playlist and press play. Sit back, take a sip of wine and enjoy

• Haha
Reactions: MartinC and lostwin

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Main system in the lounge is turned on or off never left in standby. WiFi sockets to power up which are hidden behind the stack. They can be operated by Alexa, only if you remember what you’ve called each socket in the first place 😂😂😂

AE0B80D9-7085-45F3-BDC5-9D40619F9279.jpeg

Second system (Powernode 2i) in the ‘Tiny Music Listening Room’ left on

Reactions: MartinC

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After the alterations and subtractions on my music system to everything is now powered by a single monster power unit (sort of posh extension block) it is just turn on at the wall and wait for it to run through the checks then just switch on .

Reactions: Beyond you

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tonight it has been:-

16:10 walk down from my WFH podule aka, top of the landing. Switch on the Sugden. Walk back up the stairs, continue WFH.

17:00 log off and into my lounge wear aka, jammies

17:03 chose two Gene Clark cd’s walk down stairs

17:05 partner in crime hands me a cider.

17:06 feet up and listen

enjoy your weekends everybody whatever you are up to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles