What do you plan on showing? (current thoughts)

ff1d1l

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 20, 2010
Snowdonia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hopefully... my JBL 4430 clones, some Harmon Kardon amps, a Young DAC, Wyred4Sound reclocker, Dspeaker antimode 2, Audiolab CDT, Alegri Plus. Home built interconncts. Had the builders in and they managed to lean gear against the speakers, so may have to tidy up the 4430 cabs.

Last edited:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
First thing I do when I arrive at a new Wam venue is a quick recce to work out where I can get some "emotion".
First thing I do is find out about any alternatives for a decent pint other than the hotel but then again I also give the hotel a try as well as at some stage you will have to drink there . Then count and check the wine I have brought is okay and make sure the malt is okay . After that deep breath and relax .

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
personally for Roon I find the iOS apps to be better than Android, but it is quiet a while since I compared. Not compared the (now quire excellent) Innuos Sense app.

YMMV
I use my Android phone or Android tablet, what I need is a Wi-Fi router/switch for a few quid for the hotel so I can connect the Innuos to the Tablet.

Not a Roon fan, too flakey and all of my digital music is on the Innuos (i.e. all the ripped CDs). Very occasionally I do Tidal, but not a fan of the quality or the choice of music I listen too. I don't plan to stream from the internet at the show if I get a room.

Cheers for the help though.

Last edited:
Reactions: robin

rab1991

Wammer
Jul 11, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
all depending on size of the room and how light or heavy i want to travel i have a few options.

so big and heavy there's the diy fostex speakers in my thread in the diy section https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/fostex-studio-monitors.110272/

slightly smaller there's the proac studio 3

or smaller bookshelf i could bring a pair of pawel ensemble

powered by either conrad johsnon mv55, beard p100 or xtc pow 2.

pre amplifier unsure as i do want to change but currently an armstrong 730

with a benchmark dac 1 and just streaming from tidal

if i get my turntable sorted at some point maybe bring that it's a technics sl-120 with rega rb303 but currently no cartridge.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use my Android phone or Android tablet, what I need is a Wi-Fi router/switch for a few quid for the hotel so I can connect the Innuos to the Tablet.

Not a Roon fan, too flakey and all of my digital music is on the Innuos (i.e. all the ripped CDs). Very occasionally I do Tidal, but not a fan of the quality or the choice of music I listen too. I don't plan to stream from the internet at the show if I get a room.

Cheers for the help though.
I picked up a free router off Freecycle for the Kegworth show as I took an RPi with LMS. Only problem was there was some competition over IP addresses so every 10 minutes it kept dropping. I switched to fixed IP address and still didn't work so I had to give up in the end. No loss as I had a sh1t suitcase system anyway as my lift had dropped out last minute!

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My system depends on whether I can cadge a lift from Durham with room in the boot for my second system. Failing that it will have to be another suitcase system, hopefully a bit better than last time though if I have some notice to put it together 🤣

Reactions: ff1d1l and Tony_J

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I picked up a free router off Freecycle for the Kegworth show as I took an RPi with LMS. Only problem was there was some competition over IP addresses so every 10 minutes it kept dropping. I switched to fixed IP address and still didn't work so I had to give up in the end. No loss as I had a sh1t suitcase system anyway as my lift had dropped out last minute!
All I need it to do is act as a comms for Innuos Sense to choose the tracks, drop out is not really an issue.

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My system will basically be the same as the Stoke show apart from two small but significant changes and one further change that I have no control over, but will make a difference-- the room size🤣🤣
The two smaller changes are firstly, new WE300B valves replacing the Genelex PX300B Valves and secondly, actually using my BK P12-300 sub, space permitting.
Cheers
Ady

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am going fully wired, no PITA wireless for me, just got one of these to test with my Samsung Tablet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204159303959
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Cambs12 and robin

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Right due to different circumstances at home I have not been able to fire up the system I have indicated I will be having in my room . I also realised it is over four months since I actually heard this system .

With luck changes meant I was able to get things set up and sorted today and play some music for a few hours . The results were a smile on my space in very bare bones set up it sounded wonderful and I am now happy and committed to using this system at the Wam Show . There may well be a bit of tweaking to take place but this is good enough and different enough to make it worth hearing . Loved the sound today and good enough to have me singing and winding me waist .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles