what classical music are you listening to now ?

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
can I be cheeky and start another thread on what folks are listening to ?

I know you guys are all more knowledgble than me but I am listening to this

funnily enough listening on my Rienzi speakers !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RicieB

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just discovered Erwin Schulhoff, a Czech composer, and have been listening to his sonata for cello and piano. One of the composers whose lives were cut short in concentration camps.

71NOcooYGcL._SX522_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Lovely music.  Must explore his symphonies next.

Reactions: RicieB and garn63

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
funnily enough listening on my Rienzi speakers !!!
It is an OMEN.  Does that speaker line all have a Wagner connection?  No problem if it does.  Mind you I would not purchase any speakers called Krall.

Listening to now - well last night, some bits and pieces from Puccini operas Tosca and Turandot.  Also this short snippet from Schubert D.897

Nocturne

It is a one movement trio for piano violin and cello with an exquisite melody.

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is an OMEN.  Does that speaker line all have a Wagner connection?  No problem if it does.  Mind you I would not purchase any speakers called Krall.

Listening to now - well last night, some bits and pieces from Puccini operas Tosca and Turandot.  Also this short snippet from Schubert D.897

Nocturne

It is a one movement trio for piano violin and cello with an exquisite melody.
mmm they are called Finn , leonore , lohengrin , parsifal, sarastro . i know lohengrin is wagner but not sure of the others 

http://www.verityaudio.com/en/

Reactions: RicieB

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I reckon most are Wagnerian, although Sarastro is defnitely from The Magic Flute (there may be another on Wagner I am unaware of.). Finn, I don't know.

currently listening to this:

51qgfBE2lQL._SS500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: RicieB and hifinutt

Old Git

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jun 23, 2014
Bristol...innit
AKA
Miserable
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
81Scf4EjukL._SX522_.jpg

Wonderfully depressing...a warning
I can remember driving home from work, listening to classic fm one Saturday morning. They had a top 20  countdown thing. This was at No1, apparently outselling everything else combined. I'd never heard it before, but just had to hear it out, to the extent that I was sat in the drive until it had finished. Totally spellbinding, just had to buy this version that was played...

51KWLbs2PtL._SS500.jpg

The 6th symphony from this collection.
Dark & powerful.

Will check that out  :^

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can remember driving home from work, listening to classic fm one Saturday morning. They had a top 20  countdown thing. This was at No1, apparently outselling everything else combined. I'd never heard it before, but just had to hear it out, to the extent that I was sat in the drive until it had finished. Totally spellbinding, just had to buy this version that was played...
I also first heard it in my car!  I remember wondering if I had heard it before as it sounded familiar.  I concluded it must have been a Strauss song as it bore resemblance to the Vier Letzte Lieder.  No, it was Gorecki.  Now, I have three versions!  Heartrending stuff, don't listen without a box of tissues nearby.

Reactions: Old Git

batteredhaggis

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 29, 2013
East Sussex
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After it almost cleared the room on Sunday at Scalford, today I am mostly not listening to Appalachian Spring.

Partly also because my kit is still unpacked...  :(

• Upvote
Reactions: barry2tone

batteredhaggis

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 29, 2013
East Sussex
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Were they all Philistines visiting your room?  What wonderful music that is!
Well, most of them were wammers.... so yes, pretty much  :)

I put Radio 3 on the kitchen radio this morning and looked at all the boxes still stacked in the living room and thought a long bad thought beginning with F and ending with eBay.

Camverton

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2009
Herefordshire
AKA
Malcolm
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, most of them were wammers.... so yes, pretty much  :)

I put Radio 3 on the kitchen radio this morning and looked at all the boxes still stacked in the living room and thought a long bad thought beginning with F and ending with eBay.
Ahem... you keep such naughty thoughts yourself. At least until I've had a listen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles