Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So I had a genius thought that I would fully set up my room yesterday, come home (usually 40 mins drive) for a good night's sleep and head over this morning, knowing my winter tyres on the Beemer can cope with an inch or two of snow.

This isn't an inch or two of snow. One 4x4 did get out of the village and he had to go around an 18" snow drift.

Unless we get a visit from a snow plough, Room 207 will not be opening at 10:00am. In fact it might not be opening at all (though Mike/Stylesound might be willing to roomsit for an hour or so as he knows how to drive the kit). If the snow plough comes then I may be able to get over this afternoon but I'm not convinced this counts as driving "if only essential" (but officer, it's the Wam Show!).

I'm not sure Nick (Room 216) is in a much better position.

Danny/Peter: I can't remember what the arrangements are for tonight but obviously if I cannot get over today then my room won't be available for normal letting tomorrow. Please advise.

Of course the Show might feel more like a lock-in with a few dozen fantastic mates than a show with actual visitors, given the state of the roads in various parts of the country.

Gutted.

insider9

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 21, 2017
Rotherham
AKA
Lukasz
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unfortunately 5”+ has fallen here in Sheffield overnight. 
Yep, just got up and not sure I'll manage to get out of the estate. Waiting for a mate to get back to me as he's driving too and will be driving by. Seen the motorway is clear on traffic cameras. 

Any plan B for you Mark? 

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Chaps, sincere apologies but in my panic I didn't spot the "Weather" thread which was started a couple of days ago.

I suggest anyone else wanting to post should probably do so over there so we don't end up with a fragmented conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

coogie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2011
Bolsover Derbyshire
AKA
Mark Coogan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So I had a genius thought that I would fully set up my room yesterday, come home (usually 40 mins drive) for a good night's sleep and head over this morning, knowing my winter tyres on the Beemer can cope with an inch or two of snow.
This isn't an inch or two of snow. One 4x4 did get out of the village and he had to go around an 18" snow drift.
Unless we get a visit from a snow plough, Room 207 will not be opening at 10:00am. In fact it might not be opening at all (though Mike/Stylesound might be willing to roomsit for an hour or so as he knows how to drive the kit). If the snow plough comes then I may be able to get over this afternoon but I'm not convinced this counts as driving "if only essential" (but officer, it's the Wam Show!).
I'm not sure Nick (Room 216) is in a much better position.
Danny/Peter: I can't remember what the arrangements are for tonight but obviously if I cannot get over today then my room won't be available for normal letting tomorrow. Please advise.
Of course the Show might feel more like a lock-in with a few dozen fantastic mates than a show with actual visitors, given the state of the roads in various parts of the country.
Gutted.
We’ve decided not to travel down for the show today , can’t get onto main roads . I imagine turnout today will be sparse real shame we were looking forward to the show....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickbald

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 9, 2015
Shropshire
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m afraid I won’t make it today.

The snow is heavy here and reports are that the roads up out of the Ironbridge Gorge are treacherous. If i could make it to the main road I'm sure it would be fine. 

Real shame, I was looking forward to it.

YNWAN

100% Analogue
Wammer
Jul 22, 2007
Sheffield
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, just got up and not sure I'll manage to get out of the estate. Waiting for a mate to get back to me as he's driving too and will be driving by. Seen the motorway is clear on traffic cameras. 

Any plan B for you Mark? 
Nope, unfortunately not - absolutely gutted to be missing it :(   

SAP7

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 9, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Who dares wins... 

its not that icy under the snow itself. 

dave

incurable tinkerer
Wammer
Mar 24, 2014
cambs
AKA
dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not to bad in Cambridge, but unfortunately my family and I have fallen for the tummy bug, I may pull out a rig in to the living and have a mini show, but then again maybe some boxset bingeing. Pitty have been looking forward to being a punter, but sometimes things conspire against one.

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not to bad in Cambridge, but unfortunately my family and I have fallen for the tummy bug, I may pull out a rig in to the living and have a mini show, but then again maybe some boxset bingeing. Pitty have been looking forward to being a punter, but sometimes things conspire against one.
Sorry about the show guys.
Plan B: Why not arrange the show when Spring comes with more sunshine and this way the 10th Anniversary of Wigwam show comes more bright, just an idea.
In London still a terrible weather since yesterday. The snow has fallen overnight and today strong winds, and chilly day make my terrible flu much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The weather was grim up North last night and I was almost resigned to not making the effort today. It was that bad there were cars stuck all over the show and we managed to get home with by pushing the taxi then I had a turn at driving and the driver was pushing and we made it. We had a meal planned and I wasn't going to miss Saint Pat's night for a bit of snow.

This morning I ate a hearty breakfast and decided to take a punt on the roads being clear. If I could make it over the M62 which is always the first to block due to snow then I figured or should I say hoped it would be okay. If the organisers and exhibitors had put so much effort in then I thought I better had. I would have turned back if things were too bad but just over 100 miles and in less than a couple of hours wasn't too bad. Had a shovel and some warm kit in the car just in case. Pretty much bolloxed if truth be told on arrival but a quick coffee and a gallop around the rooms.

A good choice of venue given the weather as it is less than a mile off the M1 and I wouldn't have bothered if it had been Scalford as those side roads would have been too much of a gamble.

Just arrived home in 1 hour and 20 minutes so things have improved throughout the day. I hope those cameras weren't working around Nottingham/Derby.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well the whole country knows that the southern softies can't hack a few snowflakes. Its usually the only time it makes the news when it hits that London. :run:
Well this Southern snowflake survived the weekend along with my Wingman GLB. 😝😝

What a star he's been, did all the humping kit to car my end, the drive up and back + unload and load car at keggie, then unload at mine this morning, (All due to me having a buggered knee due to recent surgery) 

Chichester to keggy 3 hours Saturday morning, and 3 hours 20 (J18-19 M1 closed??) This morning having left at 3am. Music room & kitchen now litters with kit and boxes, I completely fooked but smiling. A great weekend, at a great venue with a bunch of brilliant people, Roll on next year 🙄🙄😀

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well this Southern snowflake survived the weekend along with my Wingman GLB. 😝😝

What a star he's been, did all the humping kit to car my end, the drive up and back + unload and load car at keggie, then unload at mine this morning, (All due to me having a buggered knee due to recent surgery) 

Chichester to keggy 3 hours Saturday morning, and 3 hours 20 (J18-19 M1 closed??) This morning having left at 3am. Music room & kitchen now litters with kit and boxes, I completely fooked but smiling. A great weekend, at a great venue with a bunch of brilliant people, Roll on next year 🙄🙄😀
Room sounded good too. And you even managed to hobble into your room with a newly acquired  LP that shall remain nameless. :^

mickbald

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 9, 2015
Shropshire
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Pete the Feet Shame i missed you - would have been good to swap a few Tod / Hebden / Halifax memories, and perhaps meet up at the Big 6 sometime. 

The biggest downside of the show was the lack of name badges IMO. 

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I didn't think you were coming after reading your earlier posts. I noticed that you had chanced it when I read the posts when I arrived home. A meet up at your brothers pub the Big 6 sounds like a good plan. I hope he's home the next time as they were both away on holiday after I had walked it from Hebden or was it Mytholmroyd? it was a while ago. Funnily enough I picked up a pub magazine in a Rochdale pub the other night and the quiz was compiled from the Big 6 weekly quiz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles