Question We Care About Your Privacy popup?

A question.

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if somethings changed during the last couple of days, but I use Brave browser ( v1.51.118) across multiple platforms (Win/IOS/Mac) and the pop up I've managed to screenshot below keeps popping up and then vanishing without my being able to manage my options. As a result, it keeps appearing and disappearing every time I navigate from one thread to another...

I logged into the WAM using MS Edge and am able to access the options and the popup no longer appears when navigating the forum via that browser...

privacy.jpg

Cookies deleted and a browser reset doesn't cut the mustard... so how do I manage the options so that it no longer keeps appearing?

Thanks in advance...

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok… think I might have found the culprit myself.. having been trying to find out if something in the Brave browser settings that was causing this, I’ve switched off Brave Shield (which is a multifaceted ad & tracker blocker) and that enabled the pop up to remain accessible so that I could successfully manage the options 👍

Reactions: Cambs12

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok… think I might have found the culprit myself.. having been trying to find out if something in the Brave browser settings that was causing this, I’ve switched off Brave Shield (which is a multifaceted ad & tracker blocker) and that enabled the pop up to remain accessible so that I could successfully manage the options 👍
Hello,

Yes, Things have changed but all that changed was the URL provided for the privacy pop up, I hate it as much as everyone else but unfortunately we need to have it. Every now and then we need to update the privacy policy URL to keep it up to date with the rest of the world. The behavior you described shouldn't happen but this is what cookies are for. The forum uses cookies for specific reasons to bolster the browsing experience, e.g. Remembering that you are logged in, Remembering what you select for the privacy policy and more. So using such browsers as brave with the certain settings is like running a website in incognito mode, where it will never remember specific settings. Glad you got it sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles