Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone looking to buy a pair of H2s should know that their mid-drivers are likely to be shot to pieces and need replacing - they tend to just disintegrate over time. You'll know this if you can see a silver ring where the surround should be. I doubt you'll be able to find the exact drivers any more, but you may be able to find some substitutes. Paul at RFC sorted mine out for me. (I've since also replaced the tweeters and bass drivers with NOS units - didn't need to, but they were available on eBay, so I decided to go for them.)

When I get my new listening space treated and set up, I intend to make a video comparing the H2s running passively (with high-quality RFC outboard crossovers) vs. actively (using Roon's DSP). Should be interesting...

Mani.

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Mr.Ian

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2009
North Nottingham
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shot drivers, it really depends on how they have been looked after, the bass and mids are easily reconed :, unless the sand the mid horn array has leaked due ti mis handling

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All the H2s I've ever come across (in person and in pics online) have disintegrated foam surrounds and sand embedded in the mid-drivers. Here's a pic from RFC's website:

1668552307569.png

I think my H2s were about as well looked after as any (they even came with their original boxes!), and yet the mids were still shot.

But if they can be repaired, that's great.

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for all the help
I'm all sorted now with a Beautifull pair of Taus from a fellow member
I would just like to say what a great experience it was
I'm sure he will be along to comment
Cheers all
Photo?

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Those look like they have been at RFC.
Also might benefit from being a little closer to the wall.

SMEagol

Middle Earthed
Wammer Plus
Aug 13, 2008
Lancashire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I nearly bought a pair of these Aspara some years ago, which were Brian Taylors next venture. I'd love to have heard them. Financially the pips were squeaking though. I do like horns.

Attachments

• Aspara_small.jpg
    Aspara_small.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: norton

Mr.Ian

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2009
North Nottingham
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All the H2s I've ever come across (in person and in pics online) have disintegrated foam surrounds and sand embedded in the mid-drivers. Here's a pic from RFC's website:

1668552307569.png

I think my H2s were about as well looked after as any (they even came with their original boxes!), and yet the mids were still shot.

But if they can be repaired, that's great.
mine are fine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.