SOLD Wanted - Estate Car.

SOLD

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unfortunately cars are like women , hard to find a decent one that proves value for money. Most are high maintenance and you tend to get what you pay for. Skoda being the exception.

rab1991

Wammer
Jul 11, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I usually buy an estate every winter as I don't fancy driving my other car during the winter. This year I picked up a 2004 Saab 9-5 estate 2.2 tid. 2000 miles in 6 weeks and not one issue so far doesn't use any oil but not the most efficient. 40 mpg mixed and about 50 on the motorway.

These don't seem to go for much and I don't know why. I paid £750 with almost 12 months mot and it was only on 119000 miles. On a recent scrap car quote it came back with a figure of £450.

The cheap cars are out there but you won't find them in one hours worth of looking like you used to. The Saab took about 2-3 weeks of searching to find.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My last 2 used purchases lasted 3 months and 5 months before they had to be scrapped (Honda CRV and Mondeo estate.
Prior to those I was impressed with the durability of an early-shape Honda Tourer (Petrol) and so when a diesel Honda Tourer (new shape)( 2011)popped up on eBay I had to investigate.
Its now mine and I love it - for the years and mileage its still tight, stops, and goes.
The Mondeo was a pain and at the end the dash was doing a fair impression of a Christmas tree.

Fingers crossed..
First Wam Taxi in it this weekend.

Jack NSM

Reactions: JezR

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Latest update on my recently acquired 2011 Honda Tourer (165K miles)..

The clutch had a wobble on my first trip north in it and I had to get the RAC out. They pulled the clutch pedal up manually and advised it would probably (?!) get me home but I would need a new clutch.
Turns out all that was needed was a change of fluid and pedal readjustment - £40. (result)

Brook helped out with coolant on a recent visit to Dorset, and that followed an oil change from my regular independent garage.

I'm very pleased with this one, and though a tad smaller than the earlier model and the Mondeo, I can still get plenty of kit in it. It drives well and handles fine - even loaded.

Jack

Reactions: Audio Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles