United Kingdom
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Change of plan:
Now 3rd and 4th Feb.

Outward journey Chichester to Manchester, via,
(Meeting Speedracer S. Hampshire who is joining me as far as Sheffield)
1. Trowell Services to pick up Tannoys from Mark (DDDog);
2. Sheffield, dropping Speedracer off;
3. Stocksbridge, dropping off 1 package, picking up 3;
4. Arrive Manchester, stay overnight. (Collect Jantzens from Greg Sat a.m.)

Southward return journey (Sat):

1. Bignall End, Stoke, collect Thorens parts;
2. (Possible) Stourbridge collect oscilloscope for Jazid;
3. Call Brackley (Disarmament) for coffee and audition HE Jantzens with Parafeed 2a3.
4. Home or Newport Pagnell services (drop off cassette deck) - latter unlikely as will be very late (next time?).

Jack NSM
Change of vehicle - Honda 2.2TDi Tourer.
Jack, you are such a great guy doing all this for others !👍

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just to be clear all the Friday business was successfully done - Brook was delivered to Sheffield to be with family at a sad time, the Marantz CD80 was dropped off to Mike Pickwell in Stocksbride where I collected several items for Jag.
Really all that was lost was collecting the Jantzens (about which Toms Wait and i have made subsequent arrangements), getting the Thorens platters and dropping off the cassette player. Everyone affected has been pm'd and sorted out.
The goods in transit so to speak are safely here with me in Chi ready for their next leg.

Jack NSM

yorkio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 17, 2010
Tyne & Wear
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apologies, all, for my absence - I thought I was watching this thread, but evidently I clicked the wrong button. (Or maybe I clicked the right button twice?)

Jack, it's the KEF CS7 transmission line speakers on eBay that I need shifting. They're fairly hefty from the look of it, but not ridiculously gigantic. I just googled NVA and much to my surprise discovered that they're only a few miles down the road from me!

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope things are not too drastic Jack . Let us know how you get on .
Remembering the nature of the problem (clutch pedal got itself depressed halfway down, and lost ability to change gear) and the RAC man's solution (forcibly restore pedal to original position by hand) which enabled me to contimue my journey, I would say the hydraulic clutch's master cylinder has failed. I suspect the clutch itself is OK. Still a buggar to fix..

Jack

Reactions: bencat

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a preamp that needs to get from W.London (just off the M4) to Huddersfield if anyone is going that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles