Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're over Valentine's day, (there's always next year..) and its time to start planning for the next upgrade that's going to catapult you into the high end (whatever that is..)
So, I have a window and its the weekend of the 18th of Feb.

We all know the classifieds are dead, but, hey, that means its a buyers' market, right?

Any road up (as I'm an honorary northerner I can say that) - the 'games afoot..'

Jack NSM

Reactions: JustinTime

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have promised nut (Phillip) that I will be dropping off his valve amp to Firebottle in Dudley, Birmingham, so bear that in mind should you be contemplating getting something to him to repair/upgrade. (There will be a return journey too at some point of course.)

I have a package from Essex, via Chelmsford (thanks Jess) that I will be receiving and that's going to Mike Pickles in Sheffield. Jess will probably drop that off to me when she comes to Lurch's bake off.

Plus a freebie cassette player is going up from Worthing - collecting that Saturday from hiacedrifter.

Jack NSM

Last edited:

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jack
I think I may have to book the Jantzen's on the Feb taxi run.
I can get them to your daughters on the Saturday or the Friday whichever suits.
Also if there are any pickups needed say around Kendal/Preston/Blackburn/Skipton I can fit those in as long as they re not gigantic speakers!

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No longer any need for you Jack from my side, the Quad is now all sold but thanks for offering to help out.

• Upvote
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A Pair of Tannoy DM12s will be coming down South too. They are going to a new Wammer in Kent. I will probably do that journey in 2 legs to avoid London traffic.
Divedeppdog is the seller.

Jack

The item from Hiacedrifter is going to a Wammer near Milton Keynes. Its a cassette deck I think. Picking that up tomorrow evening from Worthing, just along the coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: divedeepdog

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Plans are starting to firm up a bit.
1. I'm intending travelling up on Friday the 17th.
2. Return journey will be via the M62/M1 on Sunday in order to meet up with Mark (Divedeepdog) for the Tannoys; Before that I am in Stocksbridge to pick up 3 items from Mike Pickles
2a And drop off a cassette deck J14 M1;
2b Then I plan to cut across country west via the A422 through Buckingham to Brackley, where I visit Disarmament;
Then Oxford road, A34, M3, M27 to Chi, W. Sussex (midnight?)

3. The awkward collection is nut's Audio Inno power amp from Firebottle in Dudley. I dont really want to be going up the M6 on Friday arvo!!

But it looks like that's the way it is. I can travel early to beat the press and hang out with my mate in Manchester for the afternoon.
I can choose my time to travel over to W. Yokshire to the daughter's for tea.

There is room for smaller items despite 2 sets of speakers coming back. Now you know the route you can see if you fit with your item.

Oh, and Toms Wait is travelling from Lancaster to W. Yorkshire to drop off my old Jantzens for lunchtime 18th, and has offerred to courier stuff en route to transfer to me. Good man.

Jack NSM

Last edited:
Reactions: bullinachinashop

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Update..
The Friday outward journey will indeed be taking the M6 North. From my collection from Firebottle in Dudley I need to call in on Simon Ess in Staffs (Nr. Stoke) to pick up a couple of Thorens spare parts for a TD150 rebuild (thanks Simon).
Probably keep going on the motorway system (M62) till I get to my darling daughter in W. Yorkshire.
I might ask Toms Wait who is coming to me on the Sat. to pick up 2 pieces of slate on his way from Lancaster like he did last time. (Hoping he still has the seller's contact details..so I can order them.)

Jack NSM

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I might ask Toms Wait who is coming to me on the Sat. to pick up 2 pieces of slate on his way from Lancaster like he did last time. (Hoping he still has the seller's contact details..so I can order them.)

Jack NSM
Just let me know, and tell the guy it will be 10-11 ish pick up.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Change of plan:
Now going up on Saturday 18th, not Friday 17th.
Greg (Tom's Wait) is happy with the new arrangement but need to contact the likes of Firebottle to confirm other people are happy with the new date.
Sunday remains unaffected, by and large.
Reminder - I need to contact Mike P., my Sheffield man, to check he is OK for Sunday.

Fairly full, but room for 2U electronics ..pick up arms, carts..etc.

Jack

Reactions: divedeepdog

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Firebottle/Dudley element is cancelled on the Sat.
Will look at the outward journey again as Jazid has expessed an interest in an item in Stourbridge - this could come off and i would like to oblige.
Goalposts shifting, but this is the game we are playing..

Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Change of plan:
Now 3rd and 4th Feb.

Outward journey Chichester to Manchester, via,
(Meeting Speedracer S. Hampshire who is joining me as far as Sheffield)
1. Trowell Services to pick up Tannoys from Mark (DDDog);
2. Sheffield, dropping Speedracer off;
3. Stocksbridge, dropping off 1 package, picking up 3;
4. Arrive Manchester, stay overnight. (Collect Jantzens from Greg Sat a.m.)

Southward return journey (Sat):

1. Bignall End, Stoke, collect Thorens parts;
2. (Possible) Stourbridge collect oscilloscope for Jazid;
3. Call Brackley (Disarmament) for coffee and audition HE Jantzens with Parafeed 2a3.
4. Home or Newport Pagnell services (drop off cassette deck) - latter unlikely as will be very late (next time?).

Jack NSM
Change of vehicle - Honda 2.2TDi Tourer.

Last edited:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Awaiting confirmation from Jazid that I'm to pick up this oscilloscope in Stourbridge;
Second, awaiting confirmation from Disarmament that he is free this Saturday to set up the Jantzens in Brackley. (Latter confirmed 2/Feb)
Jack NSM (pms been sent)

Last edited:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Current plans: Fri 3-
1. Collect Brook, J5, M27 7 00 a.m.;
2. Meet Deep D.D. Trowell Services, load Tannoys;
3. Drop Brook off Sheffield;
4. Collect 3 boxes for Jag from Mike Pickwell, Stocksbridge, drop 1 box off for Essex Man;
5. Arrive Rusholme (old schoolfriends) for sustenance and conviviality (and sleep).

Return:
Saturday 4-
1. Toms Wait brings Jantzens to MC and we load;
1a. Bignall End, collect Thorens bits;
2. Holiday Inn, MK, M1J14, drop off Hiacedrifter's cassette deck to Wammer (bullinachinashop);
3. Pop back up the M1 and turn left for A43 and Disarmament in Brackley to try out the Jantzens with his newly modded 2a3 Parafeed; eta 3 30 ish - 4 00 ish;
4. Homeward bound Oxford, A34, M3, M27..

Jack

Last edited:

yorkio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 17, 2010
Tyne & Wear
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's no chance of the Wam Taxi heading up to County Durham at any point in the foreseeable future, is there? I appear to have bought a pair of speakers in Liverpool…

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's no chance of the Wam Taxi heading up to County Durham at any point in the foreseeable future, is there? I appear to have bought a pair of speakers in Liverpool…
@yorkio I am based in Liverpool and at some time in the next couple of weeks I have to go to NVA which is close to County Durham so could collect you speakers and bring them up with me . Check with others on here that I am a reliable chap and not about to dupe you out of your new speakers . by the way what are they ?

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Clutch failed whilst in Sheffield so had to turn back -
apologies all round.
Made it as far south as I could but needed roadside assistance come Newbury after doing my best to get back with no clutch (!)
However, kits all back here safe 'n sound chaps.. (inc. moi).
Just Sunday's activities curtailed, alas.

Jack

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope things are not too drastic Jack . Let us know how you get on .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online