Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
True in most cases and with hosts like Gmail. Everything after the @ must be case insensitive. Before the @ does depend on the host and there are a small few that are. Thankfully most hosts are case insensitive before the @ too but there are exceptions.
This is exactly what the relevant standards state. Domains have to be case insentitive, local addresses do not need to be, though most hosts disable the option.

Reactions: Jailbreaker

Mike2000

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2010
Bedford, UK
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Following the hotel's request that Parkingeye drop the penalty charge, I have today received a letter saying they will not waive the charge, but will reduce it to £20.

I have raised an appeal direct with Parkingeye.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Following the hotel's request that Parkingeye drop the penalty charge, I have today received a letter saying they will not waive the charge, but will reduce it to £20.

I have raised an appeal direct with Parkingeye.
This is on private ground and has no right in law to be charged . Tell the company that you are not in agreement of the charge and you are prepared to fight this in court. The company in every case that i have done this will drop the charge .

Reactions: Creedy

Creedy

New Wammer
Jan 28, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Despite registering my car, I also received a parking fine for using the overflow car park (unloading area) for 1hr 48 mins before I moved my car to the main car park, but have not (so far) been fined for the 3 nights I was there.

Michelle at the hotel has asked Parkingeye to cancel the penalty charge.
Did you get your fine overturned

Mike2000

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2010
Bedford, UK
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's fine then...🤔
Extract from Parkineye's letter overturning the penalty charge below:

"We would like to confirm that this charge has now been cancelled and there is no
outstanding payment due.

We understand that receiving a Parking Charge Notice may be inconvenient, however,
issuing Parking Charges for breaches of the parking terms and conditions at this car park
is necessary to ensure a better overall parking experience for all users of the facilities.

To avoid potential future inconvenience, we would kindly request you follow the parking
terms and conditions displayed on the signage throughout the car park."

Reactions: Tony_J

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Parking Eye would have to take you to court and they aren't going to do that. Just ignore the letters and they go away.

Reactions: bencat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles