Vanity/personalised/private number plates

G

Gaz38

So if you have a Rolls then are you saying that having the registration plate 1 RR would not add anything to it?
If anything it would ruin it,  it would be like sticking on a boot spoiler or big bore exhaust. A chavvy Rolls Royce? 

I doubt anybody would not already know it's a Rolls so what's the point? 

Last edited:

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If anything it would ruin it,  it would be like sticking on a boot spoiler or big bore exhaust. A chavvy Rolls Royce? 
We are getting into the realms of personal opinion here - most RRs seem to have a personal plate and I've never heard anyone speak badly of the addition.

ACS

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 30, 2017
West Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Yes, in the case of RR1 on a Rolls Royce it is opinion and I'd venture to say it's incorrect too.
Guys please.

It's a Rolls-Royce.

There is a hyphen in between the two words.

R-R get very shirty with people who leave it out.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having a personal plate can come in for unwarranted criticism.  I see it most often when the plate is the user's name or similar to it. To a point, yes this is a bit vain but even then I don't feel the need to have a go at it.

Other plates may be some sort of jokey thing that relates to an aspect of their character , interests or legends about them.

I don't have a personal plate, but recently I had a browse out of curiosity as to what kind of things are available and how much they cost. The best one I saw was MOG 9X. I thought that one was just magic and if I had the money to fling around I'd snap it up. Since I identify as a cat the MOG bit suits and the 9X relates to cats' nine lives ( in my head ). It was two and a half grand listed.

But it could have been a lot more, if it meant more to enough people. If its worth it to you at the price in relation to your free cash, then go for it.

• Upvote
Reactions: DougK

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ooooooh get you, Bitch  :p
It would probably look like this.

minilifeball.jpg

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is true - I am exactly one of those types that R-R want to keep out of their cars!
It is extremely unlikely that the manufacturer is the main thing keeping me out of a Rolls. NatWest, Barclaycard, et al. have more of a say in the matter.

• Haha
Reactions: myles

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Even if NatWest etc agreed, having one in these parts would be a colossal waste of time. Range Rover would be more appropriate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online