Question Users of the Eversolo

A question.

aardvarkaudio

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 23, 2014
Hi are any of you using the Eversolo A6 streamer? I'm considering one and have a few technical questions I can't confirm on the website...

1. Is it truly gapless?
2. Does it play Qobuz Connect?
3. Does it play Spotify free?
4. If using an external DAC, does it fix the output?
5. What's the difference between the normal and the master versions, and would the matter be with it if using USB to an external DAC?

Cheers,
Pete.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Qobuz Connect is working on my phone and finding my Google speakers etc, so I think it's out
Is that connect or just casting from your phone?

I would not want it to go via my phone or ipad.

I don't think that is the same as connect, you could do that before.

Why not just the EverSolo App?

Last edited:

Qwin

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Carlisle - UK
AKA
Ken
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Anyways, back on topic, any thoughts on the Eversolo welcome
Most, if not all your questions can be answered on the Eversolo website or in the DMP-A6 downloadable manual.
I received my DMP-A6 MS two days ago and a 2TB SSD is arriving today to install.
In the not to distant future, I will be installing the Beatechnik Linear Power Supply.

I'm interested if you can control the A6 from a tablet when there is no local network?
Like at the WAM show, or if you take it to a friends etc?
I have my android tablet paired to the A6 in Blue tooth and I'm wondering if I can use cast from the tablet, using the Eversolo App, when devices are not on a local network?
So many options with this kind of thing, its difficult keeping up with the terminology let alone each feature set. :unsure:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Most, if not all your questions can be answered on the Eversolo website or in the DMP-A6 downloadable manual.
I received my DMP-A6 MS two days ago and a 2TB SSD is arriving today to install.
In the not to distant future, I will be installing the Beatechnik Linear Power Supply.

I'm interested if you can control the A6 from a tablet when there is no local network?
Like at the WAM show, or if you take it to a friends etc?
I have my android tablet paired to the A6 in Blue tooth and I'm wondering if I can use cast from the tablet, using the Eversolo App, when devices are not on a local network?
So many options with this kind of thing, its difficult keeping up with the terminology let alone each feature set. :unsure:
No network = No Tidal/Qobuz/Spotify Access = silence.
Possible solution is set phone up as a hotspot and use 4G data to access the net then link device(s) via wifi to phone.

Qwin

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Carlisle - UK
AKA
Ken
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
No network = No Tidal/Qobuz/Spotify Access = silence.
Possible solution is set phone up as a hotspot and use 4G data to access the net then link device(s) via wifi to phone.
As far as I am aware, you don't need a network to access Tidal/Qobuz just internet access by the Eversolo. We had wifi internet access at the WAM show and I ran Qobuz on my laptop, feeding a DAC.
You do need a Local Area Network, wired or wifi, for a mobile/tablet to talk to the eversolo as a controlling device, using the control app. The manual says the devices have to be on the same LAN.
Wifi or Blue tooth can be used for certain items to talk to each other, outside of a LAN.
I was wondering if it was possible for a controlling device to talk to the Eversolo in this way, maybe not?

I suppose manufacturers presume all customers will be operating some form of LAN at home and that the kit will be only be used at this one location. I was just weighing up my options for the next show. :geek:

You can use the touch screen on the Eversolo, but that's a lot of getting up and sitting down to que tracks from your streaming service or library. There is a remote control available, anyone got one? I would be keen to know how easy it is to browse using it and the built in screen?
Just seen, the remote is only £14, at that price its worth a punt.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I took a Wiim Pro to checkout the potential for a streaming source. Had the Pro, tablet & phone connected to the hotel wifi. The only problem I had was someone else was using a Wiim and would occasionally select the wrong device (mine) and change the music, I probably did the same to him a couple of times 😂😂 all was good once I spotted the different device labels. For next year I'm taking a Huawei 4G router with RJ45 port, and a PAYG data sim so I can hardwire the Pro.

Reactions: Qwin

Qwin

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Carlisle - UK
AKA
Ken
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I took a Wiim Pro to checkout the potential for a streaming source. Had the Pro, tablet & phone connected to the hotel wifi. The only problem I had was someone else was using a Wiim and would occasionally select the wrong device (mine) and change the music, I probably did the same to him a couple of times 😂😂 all was good once I spotted the different device labels. For next year I'm taking a Huawei 4G router with RJ45 port, and a PAYG data sim so I can hardwire the Pro.
Just a thought, but that could be an expensive way of doing things.
The fairly high cost of the mobile router + ongoing SIM/data allowance.
Also 4/5G had poor signal at the Holiday Inn.
In theory, a much cheaper travel router in hot spot mode, could connect to the Hotels public wifi, even if it uses a captive portal page that needs filling in. The router acts as a firewall, protecting all your connected devices from the public wifi dangers.

Reactions: Lurch

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used the hotel WiFi via my laptop to run LMS throughout the show and only had one issue when I forgot the IT rule switch it off leave for thirty seconds and switch it back which of course got it working again .

Qwin

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Carlisle - UK
AKA
Ken
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I used the hotel WiFi via my laptop to run LMS throughout the show and only had one issue when I forgot the IT rule switch it off leave for thirty seconds and switch it back which of course got it working again .
Yeh, the Hotel wifi seemed pretty stable, I had no drop outs.
For many of us, trying to control/brows a streamer from a remote device like a phone or tablet, is where it gets more intricate. You need some form of network for them to talk to each other and for the streamer to connect to the internet securely.
A Travel Modem seems to be the way to go for me, simple and low cost (£50/80) one off purchase.
Alternatively, Mobile Modems use a SIM card and connect to your phone network, which personally, for the few shows/bake-off's I do a year, is not a cost effective method.
I might have it sorted for the next show, if I start now that is, the older I get the more of a Technophobe I become. :giggle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles