The Unofficial Show Catalogue

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The curse for all exhibitors is the system works perfectly at home . Unplug and pack . Transport to hotel . Connect everything correctly and plug into the mains . It won't work . Scream at the top of your voice WTF. We all come running and descend on your room and fix it . See nothing to worry about .

Reactions: Cambs12 and Tony_J

Boyse

Wammer Plus
Jan 29, 2019
Wootton
AKA
Stephen
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have had 3 house moves in 2 years and my stuff was in storage for 1 year and put it together recently and it sounds crap. Only place I feel like going is recycle Center (dump)

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had 3 house moves in 2 years and my stuff was in storage for 1 year and put it together recently and it sounds crap. Only place I feel like going is recycle Center (dump)

Well we have Audionote UK exhibiting . Please google them . They are coming on the Friday and will offer advice to anyone about room set up during Saturday . Or seek me out. Though there is a queue forming for my skills with my test record of Push by Bros . Oh when will I be famous

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ and bencat

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As an exhibitor - and it will be the first time for me - I'm expecting to run through the full range of emotions from hair sheading panic to tears of relief. But in the end I reckon the weekend is all about the craic, a hotel full of like minded enthusiasts - knowledgeable yet supportive - with the systems themselves just the excuse to bring us all together. And come Sunday at 5pm, - the beer in the bar and the curry to follow - I'm sure the relief will be palpable, but the shared comradery from the experience will make it all worthwhile, irrespective of whether you felt your system was at it's best or not.

Boycie

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2010
Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Boycie please ignore this macho posturing by all of us . The truth is we are all bricking it , Me more than most because my system has not uttered a peep in three months . You have no obligation to put anything on this thread unless like me you want to lie through your teeth on stuff you hope will be ready .
You got the wrong Boycie.......I think it is Boyse to whom you are referring to 😬

Reactions: bencat

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Okay, here we go.

Name. Speedracer/Brook. Wizmax/Robin.

Room no. 203.

Kit list. Nottingham Analogue Ace Spacedeck. Analogue Instruments 12 inch Sigwan cocobola unipivot 'arm. Koetsu Urushi Vermillion cart. Back up
cart Clearaudio Pradikat. One box Big Bottle 3 phonostage.
Technics SP10. Stax UA9 tonearm. Koetsu Black Goldline cart. Two box Big Bottle 3 phonostage.
Alpha2Delta Pre 1 pre-amp. Back up pre-amp Audio Research Ref 3.
Line Magnetic LM 518IA 845 valve power amp. Back up power amp Icon Audio MB845 Mk1 SE monoblocks.
Art Audio Moderne 8 speakers.
Cables. A bit of a hotch potch of interconnects, Townshend Isolda speaker cable.

Show history. Visited Scalford just the once as a punter, then was wingman for Robin at Kegworth as an exhibitor, which was fab & gave me the bug.

Most interesting/distinctive part of system. All of it, I love everything equally.

DIY/Stock. Unusually for me all is stock.

Playlist. Robin will be bringing what he calls "middle of the road stuff", mostly rock, & a bit of soul.
I will have Bowie, lots of Bowie! Plus some electronic, vocal jazz, psychedelic rock from the late '60's to early '70's, & some 12 inch singles.
We are happy to play music people bring along, or requests if we have it, as long as it is on vinyl.

Sound of system in 3 words? It's f***ing good.

Baggawire

Ain't It Funky Now
Wammer Plus
Mar 2, 2010
SE London/NW Kent
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Okay, here we go.

Name. Speedracer/Brook. Wizmax/Robin.

Room no. 203.

Kit list. Nottingham Analogue Ace Spacedeck. Analogue Instruments 12 inch Sigwan cocobola unipivot 'arm. Koetsu Urushi Vermillion cart. Back up
cart Clearaudio Pradikat. One box Big Bottle 3 phonostage.
Technics SP10. Stax UA9 tonearm. Koetsu Black Goldline cart. Two box Big Bottle 3 phonostage.
Alpha2Delta Pre 1 pre-amp. Back up pre-amp Audio Research Ref 3.
Line Magnetic LM 518IA 845 valve power amp. Back up power amp Icon Audio MB845 Mk1 SE monoblocks.
Art Audio Moderne 8 speakers.
Cables. A bit of a hotch potch of interconnects, Townshend Isolda speaker cable.

Show history. Visited Scalford just the once as a punter, then was wingman for Robin at Kegworth as an exhibitor, which was fab & gave me the bug.

Most interesting/distinctive part of system. All of it, I love everything equally.

DIY/Stock. Unusually for me all is stock.

Playlist. Robin will be bringing what he calls "middle of the road stuff", mostly rock, & a bit of soul.
I will have Bowie, lots of Bowie! Plus some electronic, vocal jazz, psychedelic rock from the late '60's to early '70's, & some 12 inch singles.
We are happy to play music people bring along, or requests if we have it, as long as it is on vinyl.

Sound of system in 3 words? It's f***ing good.
Is Robin not bringing any Sun Ra? 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles