The Scalford raffle

G

Hi all as we know there is many sides to a  wammers show but increasingly our donations to charity have shown everyone what a community we are . This year is no different so this thread is to start the ball rolling with donations to the raffle in the Pavillion . Come on all you hoarders there must be some kit you can let go knowing that it will help those of us not only suffering but also the families of those trying to cope with cancer . 

So you can either list it here or pm me if you are shy and lets make this years raffle make all the visitors by book loads of raffle tickets for such a worthy cause .

Thanks in advance 

Danny 

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok, I have a Denon 1920 DVD player, a Belkin Pure AV PF240 mains unit & The Police 4cd complete boxset  for the raffle. 

3559-1.jpg

x033DV1920S-f.jpeg

Message_in_a_Box_-_The_Complete_Recordings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I will be concentrating on updating this now in the next few days but here are a few snippets.

Guildford Audio have donated a pair of Harbeth Super HL5 plus standmounts and you get to pick your finish .http://www.harbeth.co.uk/hifi-speakers/super-hl5plus.php

Yes brand new and to order with a value of £3500 . Once again thanks to Trevor and Gavin who are long term supporters and donators to charity Scalford . 

Linn have donated the Linn Kiko system . https://www.linn.co.uk/music-systems/kiko . Again a very genorous donation worth £2500 pounds . Thank you chaps 

Spin care audio have kindly donated a record care accessories set for all of us vinyl lovers .

Stamford audio have donated two £25.00 vouchers to spend and also two copies of http://www.stamfordaudio.co.uk/shop/4593120116

and as you can see above two wammers have already generously donated so lets get this rolling now . There will be more to come . Also a suggestion . Ifr you want to donate any proceeds from the bring and buy sale to charity that would be great or if your item doesn't sell and you are feeling generous then why not donate it to the raffle . Any donation is greatly accepted .

Thanks again 

Danny 

Last edited:
G

Kindly donated by Simon G is an Audioquest NRG-X3 mains cable, 1.8m with box and packaging.

Thanks mate 

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
would some DVDs suit?  I am sure I can sort out a batch of say 10 DVDs.........although I'll only be able to drop them off on Sunday when the show opens....

G

Fabulous response from the hifi trade  :shock:  and from wammers.

I've waaaaay too many books about music that need good homes for the bring & buy +  we'll sort out a brand new watch from the shop.

G

would some DVDs suit?  I am sure I can sort out a batch of say 10 DVDs.........although I'll only be able to drop them off on Sunday when the show opens....
Quick question will Mamma Mia and Dirty Dancing be  in that batch ?  :D

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had these up sale before Xmas and forgot about them so they can go to the raffle

2 x £50 itune cards

mickbald

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 9, 2015
Shropshire
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not sure whether this is best in the raffle or the bring and buy section. Either way I can bring it to Scalford or post it. If bring and buy, please donate a suitable amount to the charity. It's a Linn LP12 sub chassis, arm board, springs, screws and grommets. The springs are good, only replaced as the Linn was have a complete rebuild with the Kore chassis being fitted.

fleet foxes;helplessness blues.jpg Untitled-1.jpg

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Despite what Mrs VB says I don't have any spare hi-fi (again :-( !). So I'll donate one of these instead

aberlour-abunadh-batch-57-whisky.jpg

You can read about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A'bunadh . It's cask-strength and produced in batches and this batch (no 57) turned out at 60.7% ABV. So if you win it you'll really need to add a splash of water to bring out the best in it. Or you could save it until next winter and drink the odd dram neat to drive away the chills. Or you could save it even longer and watch its value rise. Or you could get it out when you get back to the hotel after Sunday night's curry and make some new friends. Choices, choices ...

VB

G

Thanks Graeme i 'd probably like to win this one in the raffle . Caroline may have other ideas  :clout:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online