Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having been close to only a couple of ladies since I was 14 , I have always wanted music to be a shared “ thing “ .
Yes there are moments when music and solitude just works . but much more enjoyable when more than one participate.
Diane my other half who some have met , is to say the least “shallow” ..in her outward appearance..
And I’ve not met anyone who would disagree… That’s because the job she doe’s is so intense and traumatic .. she is head of safeguarding across 15 schools . both legally and pastoral..
Anything else is just frivolous .. We have no idea !!!! and that’s the truth .. Because she has this persona , when she says something it’s either very profound or just bonkers and hilarious because she doesn’t know she’s saying it ..
After the show we were sat listening to our main system and she said that she had seen in a couple of rooms and why has everyone got different speakers if we’re all after the same thing , there must be a centre ground where everyone agrees ..that’s her negotiation skill ..!!!!!
Now I found that quite enlightening..

But in the next discussion she sad “ some of the speakers are as big as yours but with small cones .. I said it’s all about room and speaker size . My speakers need a 12” driver to get the lower notes , some speakers with 8” drivers use cabinet structure like an organ pipe . etc
Well she said I can personally say I like them bigger and 12” just does it for me ,, as dead pan as you could get
I nearly pissed myself ….
So I put on some David Cassidy for her to lighten her evening ..

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny story.
You are lucky, my other arf doesn't do music, history, art or s*x, or cooking really!
Needless to say that is slightly disappointing on many fronts.
You can say she has no preference, 5", 7" or 12" just background noise is as good as it gets.

I did in my late teens have a "girlfriend" friend, who was very big into Yes, you make your choices at too early an age.

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mrs W doesn’t like my taste in music apparently it’s depressing music?!
She still hasn’t forgiven me when we went to see Meat Loaf (Her favourite man😬)20 years ago we were the last row in Wembley Arena.
However a month before we watched Fleetwood Mac my choice and we were 4 rows from the front 🤣🤣🤣
Thankfully in the car the old girl nods off, so I can turn off Heart 80’s and turn on Tidal and listen to my depressing music 😂

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Funny story.
You are lucky, my other arf doesn't do music, history, art or s*x, or cooking really!
Needless to say that is slightly disappointing on many fronts.
You can say she has no preference, 5", 7" or 12" just background noise is as good as it gets.

I did in my late teens have a "girlfriend" friend, who was very big into Yes, you make your choices at too early an age.

Sorry I thought the 5" 7" 12" was regarding the s*x :eek:

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sadly Mrs. S. doesn't do music, unless it's one of a very, very few particular favourites.

Even worse, a Dansette, would be good enough for her.

I've tried to educate her, but the usual retort is "What's this sh*te?" :rolleyes:

Andy
I work with someone who assumes most of my music taste is rubbish. Largely because she is uneducated and a bit thick. To give you an idea of her cultural tastes she thinks ello ello and hi di hi are funny . The comedy shows not the words!

Reactions: bigrod

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I work with someone who assumes most of my music taste is rubbish. Largely because she is uneducated and a bit thick. To give you an idea of her cultural tastes she thinks ello ello and hi di hi are funny . The comedy shows not the words!
The way I usually try to look at it is:
There is music you like or don't like, none of it is sh*te!
It would upset her if I called her preferred listening sh*te, but vice versa, it's seems it's ok!

Andy

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can always find something that you both like and try to focus more on that than on the sounds you don’t share the love of.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We often listen to music together but Sally will also have either her phone or laptop (or both at the same time) doing business stuff or Facebook stalking other people. She is also a lover of the soaps and that's where the mutual love of music abruptly stops - the stereo volume goes to zero and Eastenders belting out of the TV at 160 db.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have never seen a single episode of Eastenders, I think the most I have seen ever is about 30 seconds.
Same here it looks so depressing from the trailers they show bloody tripe🙄

• Upvote
Reactions: Bazzer

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My wife Linda loves music and likes most of the same variety as I do . Often Linda does not say anything about if she like it or not but when you hear her singing it around the house a couple of days later you know that you need to buy some more of that artist . Me I am a slut and slattern I listen most things and sometimes on pretty ropey sources . If the music is somehting I really love I could not care less and if alone will sing along and enjoy the music for what it is. As for all speakers being the same it would make things some much simpler if they were and all you had to do was alter the size for one that suits the room . Sadly as I have Electrostatic , Two way active , Three way active and a five speaker AV system (no Sub) things are all over the place .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online