The End of Small live rock venues?

stickman

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 17, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Phil
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure the article makes sense; the Duchess of York was a pub. It didn't change hands because of a lack of interest in music but because of the value of potential retail property in Leeds' "Victorian Quarter".

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the audiences are there then the venues will be there, In Brighton there are loads of small venues, One of my gigs of 2012 was the Smoke Fairies at the Haunt, ticket cost £8.00 and was packed.

I have been to gigs at 8 different venues in town this year and there are many I have never visited.

G

If the audiences are there then the venues will be there, In Brighton there are loads of small venues, One of my gigs of 2012 was the Smoke Fairies at the Haunt, ticket cost £8.00 and was packed.I have been to gigs at 8 different venues in town this year and there are many I have never visited.
Nice one Kevin, them Smoke Fairies are tasty :love:

Round our neck of the woods.....

Nottingham:

Small = Glee Club, Rescue Rooms, Bodega Club.

Medium = Rock City

Big = Capital Arena.

All excellent so spoilt for choice :D

Down the road in Leicester:

Small =The Musician.

Medium = O2 Academy, they've not enticed me there since it opened.

Large = De Montfort Hall, which used to be my 2nd home & is now a sick joke of a venue :x

So pretty crap :zzzz:

And an hour away there's Brum :rockin:

wee tam

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 2, 2009
Washington Tyne&
AKA
TOMMY
washington arts centre , very good small venue , also the tavern , had lots of live bands on , also every wednesday night there is a buskers night , held in rotation around washington boozers , damned good nights the buskers , oh , they are free :^ on the sad side , there is talk of re developing newcastle city hall :shock:

SMEagol

Middle Earthed
Wammer Plus
Aug 13, 2008
Lancashire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just googled The Wheatsheaf in Stoke - its now a bloody Wetherspoons :(

Forum statistics

Threads