Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you are ever bored of the Technics DAC, I still want first refusal.

I don't know why I didn't pop in and have a listen of the system to be honest. I too don't run my pair of Yams on valves, but hearing my friend's Dad's Leak Stereo 20 on his NS1000s when we took it to him to be inspected/tested was quite an eye opener. Not enough of an eye opener for me to want to go down the valve route as I was very aware we were listening on completely different sources in an unusual room, but even so.

Good to have a quick chat with you towards the end of the show, too. 
My Yam's sounded really good on valves mate. Better than with the 750, and I love that amp. 

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
My Yam's sounded really good on valves mate. Better than with the 750, and I love that amp. 
I'm going to be taking the Yams to the same friend's home so his Dad can try them out. I get messages every now and then asking me to sell them. harv and his Mrs get first refusal, ultimately, if I do go down that path.

If Sony did a valve amp with red side panels, I'd have one.

Reactions: harv

Kevin Hancock

New Wammer
Mar 21, 2018
Ok I'm on ..

Huge thanks to Peter & Dan and the team, hard work for sure to setup a show that ran excellently(snow not good). It was great to meet up with you Wammers and thanks for a warm welcome, it felt a little strange for me being a 'seller' 'Lateral 'and arriving into a world of audio experts ;-). Great systems and real audio kit on show all round. Special thanks from me to Non smoking guy, and the room opposite, Snell setup, and next door but one to me 104 Usher chap, sorry it was a blast and names have unfortunately gone, but please let me know. Massive thanks to all who gave me feedback on the stand designs especially a real friendly guy from Lincoln, great comments btw. I'm happy to say I have already reacted to your comments and this has evolved a new design of the 4/3 and an improvement to the 1/3, listening tests so far are very promising.

Final and special thanks to Valve guy who sold me a 1/2 of a pork pie & pickle, kept me going all day, great stuff. 

Enjoy the music

Thanks Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I don't want to put a sour note on the event. But having checked through again I have definitely had at least 2 LPs nicked. Leaves a bad taste when you have gone to all that effort. So I've exhibited twice but that will do.

Dave
Not at all Dave thats terrible and very disappointing . Whoever did that deserves all the bad luck we are mentally sending  them 

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't want to put a sour note on the event. But having checked through again I have definitely had at least 2 LPs nicked. Leaves a bad taste when you have gone to all that effort. So I've exhibited twice but that will do.

Dave
That beggars belief , I'm really hoping you'll find them , I'm so disappointed in somebody in our presence that day .

• Sad
Reactions: greybeard

aejoker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2014
Brighouse Yorkshire
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So , now I've had a moment to breathe I'd like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome on my debut as an exhibitor , I had a fantastic weekend & it was great to put some faces to wam handles , didn't get to see many rooms ,mainly the ones on the 1st floor but everything I heard sounded great with loads of variety so a big plus score for the Kegworth hotel rooms .Nice to chat with Bazzer ,Richard A & a few others  on the Saturday night with the odd glass of vino. One pleasant surprise over the weekend was the amount of music requested by visitors , found loads of new stuff to listen to. Only stressful moments were :- 1. seeing everyone else's fab kit & thinking "Oh S**t hope ours sounds ok" , 2. Phono Stage throwing a wobbler 5 mins before show & tell & 3. Offering a glass of red wine to a professional Vintner, needn't have worried it all turned out ok in the end . Finally the biggest thanks of all goes to the organisers of the show who put in a massive amount of work to make the magic happen & of course the visitors who come & take an interest in our odd little hobby (obsession) . PS couldn't stray far from the room anyway as Maverick was in "Party Mode" & subsequently needed the care of a responsible adult lol. 

Reactions: greybeard

ff1d1l

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 20, 2010
Snowdonia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Dave
That's really sad - both what occurred and your decision.

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
This is sad, a few people looked through my records, it never occurred to me for 1 second they might be casing my collection.

I don’t think anything is missing but I’ll be keeping a closer eye on them in future.

very sad  :(

General Factotum

Just the basic facts
Wammer
Mar 7, 2016
Lancashire
AKA
You can call me Al
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
     Sadly it's a sign of the times we live in, petty theft is pretty much the norm these days. There were certainly thefts from the last couple of shows I've attended prior to Kegworth, Harrogate and Cranage. No doubt there's a social inadequate somewhere, giggling like an idiot over his swag. If you're reading this Mr. Thief please think about the day that WILL come to us all, and as your life fades away you can be secure in the knowledge that you totally squandered your days in childish stupidity. :nup:   

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can we camera the rooms cheaply next year?. I know it would be a pain in the arse to do, but think of the joy a bloody good tar and feathering would bring..

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Big thanks from me too to everyone involved!

Amazing show that really did justice to wonderful systems. I honestly would struggle to name the best sound on show as there was such variety and high standard. 

I would like to name a few if I may as standouts for me personally. But once again standard was high and there was something for just about anyone. I knew it was going to be a great show as soon as I walked into room 1 (Audioflyer) with Quad/Naim with lovely JBLs. 

Loved Urei 811A in room 8 with subs both sonically and visually :)  although  they had a tough competition next door (room 7) from Cable Monkey's Tannoys. First time ever have I heard Shahinian Obelisks (Knipster room 21) and they didn't disappoint. Really impressive as well as Boenicke W8 in room 117 (Aejoker and Maverick) seriously how is that even possible? :)  

The little DIY snow whites in room 110 (IJ Russel) with external crossovers were perhaps one of the biggest surprises. Along with Steve 57 creations in room 206. Oh what would I give to build a pair of speakers like that. 

Active PSI A21-m in room 5 (Raphaelsamad) were probably as close to all in one solution that I've seen. However Linn Exakt in Sunbeamgls's room 203 didn't disappoint once again. 

Fourlegs and his modified DALI 104 in room 216... Wow! Used to have a pair of 104s but these modifications took them up a few levels. Stunning! 

Oh and another great showing from Oldius & Son in room 121 confidently turning down volume on his impressive Yamaha NS1000M. 

Also big shout out to Occasional thinker (room 120), Tony_J & Ed Howard (room 204) great chat guys and equally impressive for different reasons. 

I'm sure I forgot about half of it by now so apologies to others for no mention. Also apologies to some of you if I rushed and didn't stay as long as really wanted to visit everyone. I've not left a single room being genuinely disappointed that's how high standard there was. 

But once again massive thanks. It was awesome and thanks so much for all the effort you all put lugging all this gear often amazing distance to make the show happen.
I am pleased that you liked our Room 5 with the PSI Audio A-21M active speakers. I knew that a lot of people would be demonstrating quite comprehensive systems and just wanted to show what a 'stripped down' system could achieve.  (by the way, due to the things on show at Kegworth,  I have now decided to sell me PSI A-21M to fund 'other things' now in my 'view'!  

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am pleased that you liked our Room 5 with the PSI Audio A-21M active speakers. I knew that a lot of people would be demonstrating quite comprehensive systems and just wanted to show what a 'stripped down' system could achieve.  (by the way, due to the things on show at Kegworth,  I have now decided to sell me PSI A-21M to fund 'other things' now in my 'view'!  
That's a shame - I thought your system sounded excellent!

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd like to take this opportunity now that my hands have thawed out to say a big thank you for the warm welcome shown by so many to my friend Clive and myself. The welcome received even on the Saturday evening (despite a certain score line) made the effort of biking over from Northern Ireland very worth while. We enjoyed the whole experience tremendously and I reckon it has cemented our desire to exhibit ourselves sometime and show you all what we have been up to DIY wise as well. 

I'd to thank every one involved, organisers and exhibitor alike, I think you need to be there to appreciate the huge commitment involved, we take our proverbial hats off to each and every one of you.

Finally a more personal thank you to Raphael and his wife Sally (not sure of his wammer moniker) also to Jeff and Chris (Oldius and Son) for their extended hospitality and sheer good company throughout the weekend, it was very much appreciated.

'til we meet again.

Thank You

Mike and Clive
And it was a pleasure to meet you both to, Mike and Clive. Thank you for making to trip over from Ireland and I am pleased that you got home safely. I still owe you both a drink so .....next year......!

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's a shame - I thought your system sounded excellent!
Thank you for your comments. I simply enjoy trying different things and changing things around. I have also been without a record deck for quite a while now and this is perhaps something that needs to be put right sooner rather than later!

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Dave
Dave,

I am really really sorry to hear this. It goes against so many of the great principles of the event which Peter and Danny worked so hard on. 

On a more positive note, I do have a few 'multiple copies' in my record collection and would be happy to help you replace your missing ones if I can. Could you please tell me (us) which ones you 'lost'?

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Dave,
I am really really sorry to hear this. It goes against so many of the great principles of the event which Peter and Danny worked so hard on. 
On a more positive note, I do have a few 'multiple copies' in my record collection and would be happy to help you replace your missing ones if I can. Could you please tell me (us) which ones you 'lost'?
And I would certainly be happy to contribute to replacements. This is a forum that contains many truly lovely people. Let's not let a scrote deflect us from appreciating that we have a great thing going here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles