Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A few months ago we picked up some of those pasta parcel ravioli jobs from Aldi. One of them was particularly tasty and contained Nduja salami and some cheese. The taste was subtle but we loved it. Seems they've stopped doing it now. However this week at Lidl they are having some sort of Italian promotion on and we spied some Spicy Nduja paste. Picked up a couple of jars and tried it pasted onto chicken breasts this evening. Initial thoughts on the paste before cooking was a bit bland and possibly yukky. Half hour in the beast [Halogen cooker] at 175C and it was pleasantly surprising with a lovely slight afterburn which was nice. Had it with potato wedges spiced with Paprika and Italian spicy herbs and Chala Kana beans [Salted with vinegar once heated up] which are a bit like black peas. I normally use these for making Hummus. Tomorrow we will be off to Lidl to buy up the remaining jars and I will try it on a Pizza.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On the subject of sauces or pastes in bottles or jars, if you've not tried the "Crucials" brand, you should. Their Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce works with most things including veggie stir fry. Their Hot Stuff chilli sauce is also excellent in a chicken dish - but don't overdo it, the title is accurate!

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll have a look out for that. Tried the Nduja paste on a pizza last night in place of my home made tomato sauce. It was a pleasant change. Today I bought a dozen jars of it from Lidl. Been after it for months.

Dave Brown

Beer, Curry and Cornish Pasty Tester. BBQ Nut.
Wammer
Aug 17, 2018
Didcot
AKA
Dave Brown
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been to the Nduja festival in Spillinga, that was a few years ago now. You can get the "good stuff guvnor" from artisanal markets, delis etc I get mine sent direct from italy as we use it to flavour all sorts e.g. Scrambled eggs, compound butters to melt onto steaks, melted into pasta, added to soups, on pizza, by itself on toast, chilli con carne, spag bol, cook burgers in it instead and toast the buns in the resulting left over chilli oil. It's just the most lushest wonder ingredient in the known verse. 

nduja.jpg

Reactions: Pete the Feet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles