Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All just a brief update after our visit yesterday.

Wi-Fi:
Roo and I tested the public Wi-Fi and it's full-duplex showing 70/70. Exhibitors will be on private Wi-Fi in the rooms using a code the hotel will provide. Mobile is strong 4G and 5G are available as the city centre.

Parking:
The hotel car parking will be free to us HOWEVER priority will be for exhibitors, spare places first come first served on Sunday. There is a small car park on the North side of the hotel that does NOT belong to the hotel but is payable (via the RingGo app) £4 all day on Sunday. Otherwise, the station car parks are near.

Rooms:
We measured several rooms, the doubles and twins whilst they vary in shape (unlike modern hotels) generally they are 15 to 20 m² so pretty much size of typical modern British lounge, except they are almost 3m high! The bathrooms are huge with ample storage space for boxes and beds etc.

Beds are moveable and headboards are either stand-alone or hung on walls.
Bedroom furniture is generally not fixed and hence moveable.

NB: Powerpoints: roughly 3 or 4 sockets per room and likely in the wrong place - extension leads WILL be required
IMPORTANT: Please bring something like gaffer tape to protect leads for safety.

Chairs: the hotel has a lot of these, and a good set will be allocated to exhibition rooms.

Food:
We met with Chef and discussed the Saturday Exhibitors' dinner menu, we offered ideas :)
Sunday food will be simpler fare to allow visitors maximum visiting time.

More on this to follow in due course, just get your entries in!

kind regards,
Paul & the team

Last edited:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you to the team for the effort expended on this already I know you may not feel like it is but many do appreciate the hard work being done on our behalf . Thank you also for the updates these are very welcome . The rooms sound like they can be made to work just need to be creative and treat it like your new music room in a house move .

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks for the update, much appreciated. Regardless of whether I get to exhibit or not I'm looking forward to the show.
Cheers Ady 👍

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There maybe a few rooms nearer the time, plenty of other hotels
Top Work from the organising team , very much appreciated, I'm starting to get a good feeling about this one 👍
Thanks Mark
It’s all sounding too good to be true! Well done team
Sure there will the odd bump in the road, but the hotel manager said that he’d be there all weekend to sort issues, somewhat different from Kegworth! We have asked but sadly they can’t provide a bunk bed in your room Paul :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
There maybe a few rooms nearer the time, plenty of other hotels

Thanks Mark

Sure there will the odd bump in the road, but the hotel manager said that he’d be there all weekend to sort issues, somewhat different from Kegworth! We have asked but sadly they can’t provide a bunk bed in your room Paul :)
Not sure I want to be part of it if you can’t guarantee a bunkbed in my room

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles