Linn Owners

Selekt Edition: Orders in with Linn

frederick184

New Wammer
Apr 29, 2020
Received my Selekt DSM today after a 4 month wait. Configuration is classik case with Organik DAC and stereo line out module.

Only had it playing for a few hours, streaming from Qobuz, but it sounds pretty good so far. I’ve never heard the standard and Katalyst dac’s, so can’t say how much improvement the Organik brings.

Have others heard an improvement over time with burn-in ? One issue I have is I hooked up my LP12 to the MC input and there’s no audio. The source is selected and configured. Any ideas?

Colin

silkie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Saffron Walden
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Received my Selekt DSM today after a 4 month wait. Configuration is classik case with Organik DAC and stereo line out module.

Only had it playing for a few hours, streaming from Qobuz, but it sounds pretty good so far. I’ve never heard the standard and Katalyst dac’s, so can’t say how much improvement the Organik brings.

Have others heard an improvement over time with burn-in ? One issue I have is I hooked up my LP12 to the MC input and there’s no audio. The source is selected and configured. Any ideas?

Colin
Congratulations. Enjoy your new toy Colin.

My dealer tells me burn-in is a thing but I'm too inexperienced or sceptical to believe him. I see some plausibility with speakers but electronics I'm not so sure. I've never noticed a change in sound over time with the burn in of my DSM, I've had it since Christmas and use it daily.

Sure someone will be along to help with the LP12 question. I've never worried about LPs beyond my Rega P1. I got annoyed having to turn them over every 20 minutes.

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I got annoyed having to turn them over every 20 minutes.
I was annoyed with this last century. And being a slave to the destruction of the stylus in the end groove, and the correct anti skate settings, and tracking force, and warped records, and dirty records, and static, and wow and flutter, and taking sleeves off, and putting sleeves on, and not walking or dancing, and finding the right supports, and... Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, and paying between fifty and a hundred bucks for a record. But in the days of six hundred or a thousand for a concert, it's all relative.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Colin
What were you using before? If the Selekt DSM is an upgrade, it should be very apparent immediately. This has been my experience with every upgrade I've done. You should be up late nodding off in the listening position.

frederick184

New Wammer
Apr 29, 2020
What were you using before? If the Selekt DSM is an upgrade, it should be very apparent immediately. This has been my experience with every upgrade I've done. You should be up late nodding off in the listening position.
You’re right, I was up very late last night and probably will be tonight as well.

The Organik DAC gives great insight into the music. Quite remarkable. Before I was using a custom built server with Euphony as the OS, feeding a Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC. Clearly Linn know how to do it better.

I bought the Selekt DSM partly to reduce my box count. As far as the LP12 issue, I’ll talk to my dealer. He’s on his way to Scotland for the Linn 50th anniversary bash.

Colin

Mischa

Wammer
Jan 4, 2022
Essen, Germany
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After careful consideration, I will order today. The offer is simply unbeatable, even compared to other LINN dealers. I have now decided for myself that it is worth it!
Now the waiting begins: delivery time is expected to be 8-10 weeks!
And still waiting (ordered: Feb 22, 2023) ...... :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles