Wammer
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Saffron Walden
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad to see so many orders going in for the Selekt Edition. According to my dealer the Stereo Line Out variant seems to be the sweet spot.

Mischa

Wammer
Jan 4, 2022
Essen, Germany
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am only a short time away from ordering. Although the offer I have received for a trade-in of my Akurate DSM/3 incl. 2200/1 and LINN co-payment is so good, I am hesitating whether the extra charge is worth it.

Since Saturday (I didn't have time to compare) I have a Selekt in the configuration I wanted (SDSM/1:O/SPA) at home. I must say I was expecting an AHA effect. But that didn't really happen.

It's true that the resolution is somewhat better, the bass range more contoured. It almost seems as if Organik has taken out the fine cotton wool between the tones.
That too, although I would swap the internal power amp for my 2200. The internal power amp needs an 8 point higher setting to achieve the same volume, but shows no weakness in driving the Akubarik passive.

But is this worth the extra cost, still €7500 after all? Do I have to value the investment in an up-to-date system with the latest technology and all the possibilities for further expansion as an additional argument? I'm going to head straight back home and listen my way through the music for the rest of the day. Let's see what the day brings.

Matteo

Matteo
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Milano, Italia
AKA
Matteo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am only a short time away from ordering. Although the offer I have received for a trade-in of my Akurate DSM/3 incl. 2200/1 and LINN co-payment is so good, I am hesitating whether the extra charge is worth it.

Since Saturday (I didn't have time to compare) I have a Selekt in the configuration I wanted (SDSM/1:O/SPA) at home. I must say I was expecting an AHA effect. But that didn't really happen.

It's true that the resolution is somewhat better, the bass range more contoured. It almost seems as if Organik has taken out the fine cotton wool between the tones.
That too, although I would swap the internal power amp for my 2200. The internal power amp needs an 8 point higher setting to achieve the same volume, but shows no weakness in driving the Akubarik passive.

But is this worth the extra cost, still €7500 after all? Do I have to value the investment in an up-to-date system with the latest technology and all the possibilities for further expansion as an additional argument? I'm going to head straight back home and listen my way through the music for the rest of the day. Let's see what the day brings.
I will not do it

😬

CaptenBonScott

CaptenBonScott
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Sweden, Luleå
AKA
Magnus Blom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I'm almost in the same seat, I have a Selekt classic with katalyst but with both the amp module and the line out module, I've borrowed a SE with line out and then of course also with organic. And I'm not very impressed. Maybe I'll just buy an Organik dac in the future. I think the amp module that is now in my Selekt sounds absolutely fantastic with my Harbeth 30.2 XD, I'll just have to see how I do. :)

Mischa

Wammer
Jan 4, 2022
Essen, Germany
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After careful consideration, I will order today. The offer is simply unbeatable, even compared to other LINN dealers. I have now decided for myself that it is worth it!
Now the waiting begins: delivery time is expected to be 8-10 weeks!

Myself

New Wammer
Apr 9, 2021
Very similar to mine. 2,5 month between ordering and delivery (and thats including the xmas/ny break). appointment is made to install it in my house

papillon

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 25, 2009
Luxembourg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You have a good dealer
Mine just said i could pick it up or get it delivered, installation i don’t know
But in 3 months they will come for space optimisation

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You have a good dealer
Mine just said i could pick it up or get it delivered, installation i don’t know
But in 3 months they will come for space optimisation
I thought Linn obliged them to install as a condition of their dealership. It says so on the box!

If you need SO to sound good in your room, you don’t want to wait three months, surely?

papillon

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 25, 2009
Luxembourg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought Linn obliged them to install as a condition of their dealership. It says so on the box!

If you need SO to sound good in your room, you don’t want to wait three months, surely?
I thought so too
What can i say…and considering the price…
They said 3 months yo have the device “ready”

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah good to know
I have to save the so configuration first?
Yes, now the others have mentioned it, I’m pretty sure I saved my settings from my Sneaky DS in my online Linn ‘manage systems’ settings when I moved to an Akurate. But I was buying used, and had it been new that would be part of the dealer’s job to ensure it was working 100%.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah good to know
I have to save the so configuration first?
Should be saved in the cloud already.

As for the initial setup, I can't remember the steps, but it was straight forward. There was a bit where Kazoo had to be employed. I'm sure that when the time comes, help will be available, if you even need it.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There was a bit where Kazoo had to be employed.
In the past, I’ve had to use Kazoo to register a DSM with my Linn Account. I do hope they’ve sorted this out; much better if it can all be done within the Account.

’troll

Reactions: akamatsu

Myself

New Wammer
Apr 9, 2021
Very similar to mine. 2,5 month between ordering and delivery (and thats including the xmas/ny break). appointment is made to install it in my house
Got the edition dual mono organik installed by the dealer today and he mentioned that the delivery times are starting to improve at this moment.

once the equipment is ‘burned in’, they will be back for finetuning, so etc

Reactions: Nopiano and Mischa

papillon

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 25, 2009
Luxembourg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello
Have you noticed any improvement when changing the power cable of the selekt dsm. The one provided by Linn seems quite basic. But i am not sure if a more « audiophile » one would improve the sound…

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some expensive audiophile mains cables work as well as the ones Linn supplies. I have never found cables from boutique companies that appeal to others to offer any discernible improvement to my current systems. Linn doesn’t use fancy mains cables or network cables/kit when demo’ing its kit and l’m convinced it would if the sound improved. After all Linn demo’s kit so customers are sufficiently impressed to buy it.

Having said that I was using shielded cables because sometimes I suffer from radio break through: not that it affects my Linn or Chord Electronics kit. Lately, I have been using

https://www.paragonnetworks.co.uk/s...k-mains-bs1363-13a-plug-to-female-iec-320-c19

Because they are made in the UK and come in different colours so I know what cable connects what box.

I have a dedicated mains feed for my hifi. Comparing this with the standard ring I find it makes no difference. It was essential when I had Naim kit. Possibly because of the improved filtering Linn and Chord use on their superb switch mode PSUs my bespoke power cabling is superfluous.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles