Scalford 2017 Photo's

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My rather meagre collection of phone shots (well, that's my excuse for their quality, don't want to put too much pressure on Gromit and Jack...)

Room 237 to start with then 2 other rooms:

Vintage Sony Collection

Elite Audio

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
wOOw awesome photography Jack, very well done Sir...! Many SUPERB looking systems there. I must attend some year.

Can I ask please which camera/lens did Jack capture these great images on..?

:love:
He has a Canon 500D with a standard 18-55mm lens. A nice camera but nothing special. He did photography as one of his GCSE exams and got an A*. Glad you liked them. 

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He has a Canon 500D with a standard 18-55mm lens. A nice camera but nothing special. He did photography as one of his GCSE exams and got an A*. Glad you liked them. 
They are amazing photos! Should have known it was a canon, (but via a great photographer obviously) 500D is it, might have to upgrade. I'm still on a 300D, still takes stunning photos but the screen on the back isn't much bigger than a watch face  :)

macvisual

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 6, 2008
Scotland
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How do those Sony SS M7A speakers sound can anyone tell me please...?

They look the mutt's nutt's....!

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tim,

talent with a modest camera will always beat fancy camera with a muppet holding it (that would be me, which is why I don't)

not surprised on the exam result at all, I mean what I said when i saw him with his camera I knew we were in for a treat

navigator

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 6, 2012
m1 j28
AKA
dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How do those Sony SS M7A speakers sound can anyone tell me please...?

They look the mutt's nutt's....!
Well made Good price if you like some  'rich'bass emphasis in your repro. Some B W design similarities . Probably OK if not cornered and to synergise  to  other bass mean kit/room then they are a. Bargain .

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think Sony worked closely with B&W in the past.

They are still making high quality loudspeakers. Their SS-AR1 cost $27,000 and appear to be available in the US, not the UK.

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Jack for your photos! 

I saw a Nakamichi Dragon turntable, is that's true?  :nerves:

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
^ I probably got into about 50% of the rooms this year - this was one of my favourites - playing CD at the time.

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The above looks like my system. :D Nice pictures ! ( I FORGOT MY CAMERA)

The new DDDAC 1794 / Chevron Audio had just been built for me by Colin a week before the show, so it was a great to give it a run out.  :nerves:   Also new (to me anyway) a modified Audio Technica Turntable AT-LP5 IPT from Audio Files was also given a spin out, so it was nice to get positive feedback on the day and afterwards.

I seem quite settled with the sound and products in this system for now. (famous last words, until i attend another bakeoff ) xD

Thanks for your comments guys it makes lugging all this gear around all the more worth while, i'm also glad you enjoyed the show and the systems that the other exhibitors brought. Being able to experience a variety of systems/ sounds/camaraderie all in on place is what this show is all about ! :^

• Upvote
Reactions: Spen ago

Rob5ft19in

The weather's just fine up here!
Wammer
Mar 17, 2016
Exeter, Devon. UK
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The above looks like my system. :D Nice pictures ! ( I FORGOT MY CAMERA)

The new DDDAC 1794 / Chevron Audio had just been built for me by Colin a week before the show, so it was a great to give it a run out.  :nerves:   Also new (to me anyway) a modified Audio Technica Turntable AT-LP5 IPT from Audio Files was also given a spin out, so it was nice to get positive feedback on the day and afterwards.

I seem quite settled with the sound and products in this system for now. (famous last words, until i attend another bakeoff ) xD

Thanks for your comments guys it makes lugging all this gear around all the more worth while, i'm also glad you enjoyed the show and the systems that the other exhibitors brought. Being able to experience a variety of systems/ sounds all in one place is what this show is all about ! :^
That modified AT-LP5 sounded absolutely lovely!! Made my standard tonearm / Ortofon 2M combo sound humbled...

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That modified AT-LP5 sounded absolutely lovely!! Made my standard tonearm / Ortofon 2M combo sound humbled...
I have not heard the standard model Rob as i didn't get round to many rooms, but this modded version certainly restored my interest in vinyl again after many many years being out of it................ I blame Spider (Tim) It is his fault, he always has great turntables making fantastic sounds every time i visit his bakeoffs.

It just hits the right spot and gels well with the rest of the system. We didn't have much vinyl with us that day,  i'm glad you liked it Rob. :^

So your next upgrade is...................... ...............slippery slope.......................................................... ?

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's already been said that Dave's system was tremendous in a very baffling way, he was kind enough to play a live Lianne Le Havas track I had with me, I just shook my head in disbelief....

Lovely sounding pass labs mono's (I think) with Kudos Super 20, a modern speaker I didn't expect to enjoy but sounded pretty smooth along with the clarity. Thanks for being a welcoming host michbam and sharing your knowledge of the kit built by Ed.

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

Rob5ft19in

The weather's just fine up here!
Wammer
Mar 17, 2016
Exeter, Devon. UK
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have not heard the standard model Rob as i didn't get round to many rooms, but this modded version certainly restored my interest in vinyl again after many many years being out of it................ I blame Spider (Tim) It is his fault, he always has great turntables making fantastic sounds every time i visit his bakeoffs.

It just hits the right spot and gels well with the rest of the system. We didn't have much vinyl with us that day,  i'm glad you liked it Rob. :^

So your next upgrade is...................... ...............slippery slope.......................................................... ?
You were kind enough to give me a copy of the article relating to the upgrade... let's just say it's on my desk pending the allocation of sufficient funds ;)  

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Jack for your photos! 

I saw a Nakamichi Dragon turntable, is that's true?  :nerves:
You did indeed - it was in Syndicate Room 23 alongside a Sony PS-X9. As a visitor said to me "That's the poshest DJ setup I've ever seen"!

It's the deck with the blue record on the platter in Bazzer's photos.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Captions would be good. Some of the gear is more obvious from its styling but most aren't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online