Wammer
Jul 29, 2021
Devon
AKA
Matthew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all,

I hope I can post this here if not many apologies but this may interest someone looking for a starter LP12.

It is a Basic model with Valhalla ps, and entry level arm and a £40 cartridge I did not note the exact specs. It has been serviced and set up by a long term Linn technician who has done many upgrades and excellent servicing on my turntable and is priced at I think £599.

If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you the dealer details.

I have no connection to the LP12 and my connection to the dealer is purely as a paying customer and I will get no sellers commission on this.

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess most people would want to know who the dealer is as that may determine the quality of the service/setup.

Seibassman

Wammer
Jul 29, 2021
Devon
AKA
Matthew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it is ok to put the shop details on here I can, I was just trying to be a little discreet. I am not in the trade just popped into the shop to have a new cartridge fitted to my LP12.

The shop is Gullifords in Exeter, Devon. Info@gullifordhifi.co.uk if anyone wants to contact them

They are not a Linn Dealership but used to be and still do a lot of work on Linn LP12s building for customers as well as servicing etc. They get all their Linn parts from a main Linn dealer. Anyway, I am not here to fight their corner as I have no connection with the shop or that particular deck I just wanted to highlight what I thought would be a good starter LP12 for someone.

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think you're fine putting it in, looks like a pukker place! £599 is a very good entry level price if the unit is set up properly and everything works as it should.

Seibassman

Wammer
Jul 29, 2021
Devon
AKA
Matthew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks for pointing out that my profile showed I was in the trade. I am not and never have been in the trade. Anyway, I have now amended it to hopefully show I am not. Apologies if this has caused any problems or concerns about any posts I have written.

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I created my account I said „not in trade“. But his changed automatically. Changed it manual back to „not in trade“.

Seibassman

Wammer
Jul 29, 2021
Devon
AKA
Matthew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I created my account I said „not in trade“. But his changed automatically. Changed it manual back to „not in trade“.
Thank you for this, it may be what happened to me, I filled in my profile and did not go back to check. Hopefully it is now showing the correct "not in trade". Just off to check!

Reactions: Nestor Turton

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just thought it was nice to post this opportunity here. That is a rather low entry price for an LP12. It could end up as life changing for someone out there. I had a similar experience some 30 years ago when I bought mine for $450. Yes, the same one that's in my signature.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I just thought it was nice to post this opportunity here. That is a rather low entry price for an LP12. It could end up as life changing for someone out there. I had a similar experience some 30 years ago when I bought mine for $450. Yes, the same one that's in my signature.
I believe that is called a gateway drug. It appears to have been most effective in your case. 😁
Mine too!

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember Gullifords from when we lived nearer Plymouth, in Devon. They were one of the few independents around and I’m glad they’re still going.

Their name also stuck with me on account of my growing up near Guildford, where there was a decent Hifi shop, and the name looked very similar at first glance.

747sp

New Wammer
Feb 8, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I checked their website and no trace of this LP12 which sounds like exactly what i am after…

• Sad
Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I checked their website and no trace of this LP12 which sounds like exactly what i am after…
Looks like it sounded like exactly what someone else was after as well. Keep your ear to the ground. Your LP12 is out there. By the way, I few on a Pan Am 747sp from Tokyo to Los Angeles back in 1977. So your name caught my eye. :)

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I flew back from London to New York on December 21, 1988 on a British Airways 747. The backup carrier for our company was Pan Am - I might have been on Pan Am 103!

Seibassman

Wammer
Jul 29, 2021
Devon
AKA
Matthew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would give them a ring and see if it is still available as it was definitely in the shop so a phone call may the way forward.

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've purchased from Gullifords in the past -they also supplied Tracey with her Rega RP3 (to misquote Thomas - her gateway drug to an LP12)! Good dealer. If the bearings are sound then there's nothing wrong with a basic LP12 - allows for a little spare to spend on the stuff to spin on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles