Samsung qled 80AA high frequency noise

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Who has this sort TV? Have you noticed a faint high frequency noise when on mute in a very quiet room?

I've noticed this and now cannot unhear it.
Was much worse when I had my Xbox series x on so I've returned it thinking it was the poor Xbox. Now with the stock issues I have no Xbox,🥵

Looked up online and many experiences are similar. It's really bugging me. If the sound is on it can't be heard but if this is a fault however small I want rid of it

Apart from that the picture is stunning
Without trying to curse you all with this annoyance as many of you might not even be aware or even susceptible to the noise

Can some of you check and see

Your ear needs to be close to the bottom left side to pick it up, after which once in tune you can pick it up from afar

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Who has this sort TV? Have you noticed a faint high frequency noise when on mute in a very quiet room?

Was much worse when I had my Xbox series x on so I've returned it thinking it was the poor Xbox. Now with the stock issues I have no Xbox,🥵

Looked up online and many experiences are similar. It's really bugging me. If the sound is on it can't be heard but if this is a fault however small I want rid of it

Without trying to curse you all with this annoyance as many of you might not even be aware or even susceptible to the noise

Your ear needs to be close to the bottom left side to pick it up, after which once in tune you can pick it up from afar
I have a decent home theatre system with an LG 65 inch 4K OLED TV.

There is no high frequency noise coming from the TV, but it may be related to how I have my TV setup.

I try to ensure that my TV and HD Box are not plugged into the same outlets, as my audio components. TV’s and HD boxes notoriously can be a significant source of noise from their power supply, spilling noise into the mains.

I use a separate wall plug with a separate power bar from my audio system and from my TV setup. Keeping them separate has helped to mitigate noise from the TV components interfering with my audio components.

I did note that my HD box has a built in hard drive that was making noise that was quite annoying. I had my service provider for my TV/HD box replace my HD box last week, with a brand new box. The new box has made all the difference and is quiet now.

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi
It's not how it's set up - I checked all that after I noticed - it's also app and screen brightness dependent

After I returned my Xbox series x the noise went away but then it returned but just slightly less evident.
There are reported firmware updates that can alleviate this issue but so busy with work haven't got around to reporting it.

Anyway have managed to secure a new series x direct from Microsoft and will be with me next week for more checking.
If the problem remains I'll definitely kick off to Samsung and the shop I've brought it from. If they say it's within spec as so many do then I'll sell it and be done with Samsung and go for lg or even projector for movies and a smaller TV for Xbox. Never had any issues with my older Samsung lower spec 65 inch though

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After my second Xbox series x and 2 painful hours to the overseas help desk. I'm waiting for a technician to call and arrange a house visit. The problem gets worse when vrr is selected on the Xbox. They tried to blame the Xbox but as this is my second unit I insisted it's the TV.
They remotely took over the TV and loaded firmwares etc to no avail.

I really want to try another high speed ultra hdmi cable I'd love to try an active cable just to satisfy my mind.

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
this tv I've brought for my new Xbox is not fit for purpose - I'm gutted - I'm going to try and return it

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Technician visit today - tried all sorts of resets and firmware to no avail. Took the TV with him. I've told him not to bring it back. Reading forums and YouTube it's very apparent that LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic all have some sort of hdmi 2.1 issue with vrr 120hz 4k.

The new range 2022 TVs coming out and one thing that strikes me is the full 48 GBS hdmi touts. Which makes me think it wasn't done correct on the 2021 models.
Anyone looking for a new TV for Xbox series x
I'd wait until end year to see how the new range handle full ultra 120 Hz vrr.

I'm trying to arrange money back or change to a projector instead if they can and I'll get a smaller screen for the Xbox next year.

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
call back from technician - TVs fixed has had a brand new screen and board fitted - has been tested with xbox series x on 120hz vrr and all ok now

Reactions: maddog_007

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just bought a Sammy 50" QLED....was going to buy an LG OLED ' till I walked into a stunning screen...Sold!....got a matching Samsung soundbar and couldn't be happier...Changed my Netflix sub to 4K UHD...Wow!....bought new 8/4K hdmi cables .even the wife is impressed..she's not normally up or down with home entertainment...had to point out to her that my new streamer (Klimax DS) was sitting next to her!.

Reactions: Bokke

vinyl4ever

Mr
Wammer Plus
Mar 29, 2020
Doncaster
primevehiclelogistics.com
AKA
Stewart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I've got the 85" version and can't say I hear any high frequency noise with the sound down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles