Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With an unexpected possibility to purchase a pair of speakers from the Kudos Titan range at an 'attractive?' price I thought I would list my existing RK 150Se's to see if they might be of any interest to someone. They would need to be sold in order to part fund any new ones.

This pair were originally bought new as standard 150's around 3/4 years ago and were upgraded to latest 150 Se spec by Russell himself around 18 months ago (I will check both dates should there be any interest).

The 'Se' upgrade includes a new tweeter with metal faceplate, a new tweeter crossover, a new bigger sub-bass coil, use of new titanium screws for all drive units, a newly designed triple layer plinth plus new style spikes. I've always loved the standard 150's and the upgraded version are simply better (to my ears etc). Reviews available online.

This pair is in oak and are complete with original double boxes and metal grilles. When I first bought them there was the option of either metal or cloth grilles. I much preferred the look of the metal grilles which when fitted retained the wooden outline of the faceplate much like the appearance of the speakers when the grilles are removed. The metal grilles also provide a little more protection from inquisitive fingers etc. I have examined both speakers while taking the photos and can confirm they are in excellent overall condition. I could only find two tiny defects; a 1cm faint scratch on one speaker side and an even smaller mark on the side of the other speaker. All of the drive units are perfect.

The metal grille option is no longer available, it is full-face cloth only.

I do not use the new spikes, I tried them once but have since preferred to be able to slide the speakers on my carpet into my preferred listening position and then move them back when not in use. The spikes are available together with the original double boxes, however, I may be wrong but I'm not sure there is space in the boxes for the separate grilles which were and still are an optional extra. As such, I probably don't have the ability to post the grilles and so this lot would be offered for sale on a collection basis from Ipswich, Suffolk. They could be examined and demonstrated or I would be prepared to meet/deliver up to a distance of around 100 miles if that would be preferable.

The current retail price for these including grilles (black cloth only) is £8,850.

Looking for offers around £4,500 for this pair. Any questions please ask. Thanks.

RK 150SE 2.jpg RK 150SE.jpg

Reactions: bigrod

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although I haven't exactly been overwhelmed by enquiries, these are now being withdrawn from possible sale.

I have just completed an extended home trial of a pair of Kudos Titan 505's, and excellent though they are, I have concluded that the 150 Se's perform better in my system, room etc and need to be kept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles