Linn Owners

problems Kisto , Kontrol , Solo

hansdokman

New Wammer
Aug 30, 2021
Hello guys,

I have some problems with mine Linn equipment and am curieus of this happends more :

Mine Kisto freezes sometimes and then I have to make a restart , sometimes several times .

Mine Akurate Kontrol (0) : If I broke up the main power and then restore the main  power and start up , the right channel do not gives a signal , I have to go into the menu , activated the calibration noise , close the menu and then I have sound on the right channel and of course the settings are saved.

Yesterday the blue led from mine Solo500 stays out, the sound is oke but is the standby still working ?

Linn equipment do give a beautiful sound but the liability can do better .

greetings from Holland

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't know if this  may help you but I now leave my Kisto continuously 'on' at the back panel power button, taking it down to 'standby' by using the remote 'power' button. Ever since adopting this procedure, about one year ago, I have had no 'freezing'. In most (not necessarily all) cases the 'freezing' is something that happens on power-up. It appears to be associated with the power up of the mother board (or logic).

Reactions: hansdokman

hodge555

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 6, 2018
London, UK
www.hoth.uk
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Kisto, and Kinos, run warm, and the earlier ones can get quite hot, to the extent that they can then have problems like freezing.

They run some software on a cold boot up and I noticed, with my first Kinos which was an earlier one, that sometimes it didn't always want to load up successfully. This problem eventually got worse and boot up was iffy at best towards the end. Note I too always left it on standby whenever I could but would have to power it off sometimes due to heat or after it had frozen.

I was lucky and managed to replace my Kinos with a later one which runs much cooler and hasn't yet given me any problems.

Does your Solo still think it's getting a feed hence why it's not going into standby? i.e. maybe your pre-amp is still sending a signal. Try pulling out the source lead to make sure. If it then shuts down OK then your problem is likely not the Solo but the pre-amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles