Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale:

Palmer 2.5 turntable, with SME M2-9 arm and Hana ML moving coil cartridge.

I would like to sell these as a package if possible. After a few weeks however I will consider splitting the package, but it is listed as a pack 25% below market value as it is and a true high end deck for Vinyl perfectionists. Stereophile magazine 'A' rated.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/palmer-audio-25-turntable-audio-origami-pu7-tonearm
Prices after each item show their cost inc PP if I split it up.

This complete package : £4080

Deck.
Made in 2008, supplied direct by John Palmer to each customer, but NO packaging. (See below re delivery please). Beautiful condition, barring one dent under the platter (invisible in use, see pics) and 2 tiny scratches on the front top. These will Polish out easily, but I don’t trust me technique! Please see photos.
Serviced and wax polished annually. Comes complete with correct J.P oil for bearing, 3 belts, (one in use two new), power supply, original cork mat, record weight and mains lead, and is the 'MK2' version with the new 4mm tungsten carbide bearing (installed by JP).

The Palmer decks are now out of production. The main structure and platter of the deck were all hand engineered in the UK, but the parts that might, eventually, fail or need repair were all common electrical items. The motor for example is readily available from RS and easily replaced by a competent DIYer at home. John made these to 'last a lifetime'.
£2700 (market average now >£3000)

I made an online guide to caring for and using the Palmer. It’s here at Pinkfishmedia, post number 162. I’ll print it if the new owner would like that.
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...able-owners-on-pfm.203425/page-9#post-4803460
Arm.
SME M2-9.
9inch SME tonearm from 2008. Detachable headshell design. Perfect working condition but one small burr on screw slot of base screws. Boxed and complete with SME tonearm lead, the SME alignment protractor, and instruction book.
£1500 (used market average now £1700)

Cartridge:
Hana ML moving coil. All I have done is run this in (less than 30 hours play). It’s as new, and a perfect match for the deck and arm IMO. Box and paperwork all complete.
£600 (new cost £1025)
Note. I have two offers to buy the Hana already if the break up occurs.

Delivery.
The SME and cartridge will be delivered via mail 1st class tracked and insured if sold separately.

The deck is very heavy and all UK Palmer decks were delivered and installed by John Palmer. there is no packaging. Shipping this by courier would be a great risk. I’m happy if you want to collect or will drive to meet if needed. I am in Dumfries, SW Scotland. Very glad to audition it here if you can make it here.

Pricing. I have lowered everything by 10% or more below the current market asking prices, and postage will not be added to the costs shown.
Will be quite happy to chat about any sensible offers.
Palmer 2.5.jpg floating plinth.jpg dent.jpg scratches.jpg running.jpg

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Soon to sell that cartridge so arm and deck only will then be £3570

Last edited:

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
bump for wednesday. I am quite happy to meet half way by car if Dumfries is a problem (unless you are in Cornwall ofc:) !

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and another rise through the pages!
sold but then buyer withdrew so
still for sale. Now considering splitting up although since the brass arm mount is SME, keeping the M2 on makes most sense. Please message me or chat here. Offers now considered.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
sold but then buyer withdrew so
still for sale. Now considering splitting up although since the brass arm mount is SME, keeping the M2 on makes most sense. Please message me or chat here. Offers now considered.
Now all sold .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles