HIFI Now here's a lot of speaker / chest of drawers for your money!

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Match your Welsh dresser :)

I actually think these are pretty cool! Be a great feature at the new Wam show.

No not for me, always on the look but I think it's safe to say I've had and have far to many speakers for one mans journey.

Real bits of furniture!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225353825258?hash=item3478227bea:g:E4EAAOSwYx5jZNfN&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoNLs8ydRs7VsXd3I/cDCXW3J0iqI5Z9L/8CR92jTtFWG2+bvUDflq5n/zwcM91KTSAMMnltXsFCloyZCi8Dspcm2+UrAXrTbuvKmZjo7aLOAll+4hWFltsyRsvAEiqSFXxhq1FKSvek+lzh3Y4rNYnHlZ3DCBFr46kCBmBlxE8fsMFqN2l74lZCCDMTSjN8TzGm54pp2Y7TVWGRxxqXt1d0=|tkp:Bk9SR8ysztK2YQ

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: deggie

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look DIY but are by Castle. Must be tricky to integrate all those drivers and the edges?

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look DIY but are by Castle. Must be tricky to integrate all those drivers and the edges?
Not DIY they were a production model by castle for years. Theres quite a few around. I actually think they are really nice. I'm sure with the right gear they'd sound great.

mikeyb

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yer missing 'er'

No such thing as a chest of draws 😊

Sorry, it's one of my grammar pet hates 😉

Last edited:

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love castle speakers, but these are a bit ott even for me. Saw a pair of these on the bay..are these those? You can reply, those are these if you like!

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone here in touch with King Charles? These would really suit the decor in Balmoral if he's got the upgrade itch. Should be an improvement on his Dynatron system. (They had a royal crest.)

Reactions: eddie-baby

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The original Castle Howard and a superb speaker, sounding much more modern than they look. They really are lovely.

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone here in touch with King Charles? These would really suit the decor in Balmoral if he's got the upgrade itch. Should be an improvement on his Dynatron system. (They had a royal crest.)
King Charles doesn't listen to recorded music, he has who he wants at his place and just says play it again 😂

The original Castle Howard and a superb speaker, sounding much more modern than they look. They really are lovely.
We heard you had a set 👍 They look great.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
King Charles doesn't listen to recorded music, he has who he wants at his place and just says play it again 😂

We heard you had a set 👍 They look great.
Yes, six or seven years ago, in a huge room. I took them for @SMEagol to have a listen and he was impressed too, in a much smaller space. I can't remember who bought them from me. The bottom line is that they were the best that Castle did, back in the golden age, and they will still sound good. Naturally, I assume that the crossovers and drivers are still in spec.

• Love
Reactions: SMEagol

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I only discovered these as I've always had a keen interest on owning a set of Castle Harlech, always thought those were top of the line but then stumbled on the Howard's in their newer guise. Only then to realise before their tall form factor they came in a set of very different side cabinets like you'd possibly find in an antique shop :D Nice 👍

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wondering given that the treble are nowhere near ear height does that compromise them ? Would probably quite easy to make a stand that raises them to the right level and would replace the awful legs which give them the furniture look popular at the time .

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a pair of these , won in the raffle at a wam show in Scalford. 😂I thought they sounded great for an old speaker and was very pleased with the vintage sound they made. I would of kept them but the misses declared them too big in the room. These ones look in very good condition and the price is round about right for a vintage speaker. The cross overs are very easy to access on the bottom as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles