NOT STOLEN NORMA IPA 70B! (Now delivered)

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive had 2 similar things happen with RMSD and they did turn up although late, just be aware if it has gone missing I had one time were an item was lost I put in a claim and they asked for the original recipt etc so I sent in the original recipt RMSD for the recipt to be lost at their end how convenient, and was told I could put in a claim for the £500 for the second missing letter but as no original recipt I could not claim for the £1000 original item, but I had to prove the 2nd item just a letter and recipt for first item was worth £500 which was not possible, I use the service simply because it is the only one affordable and easy to use , but take precautions it you have to claim they are not trust worthy.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive had 2 similar things happen with RMSD and they did turn up although late, just be aware if it has gone missing I had one time were an item was lost I put in a claim and they asked for the original recipt etc so I sent in the original recipt RMSD for the recipt to be lost at their end how convenient, and was told I could put in a claim for the £500 for the second missing letter but as no original recipt I could not claim for the £1000 original item, but I had to prove the 2nd item just a letter and recipt for first item was worth £500 which was not possible, I use the service simply because it is the only one affordable and easy to use , but take precautions it you have to claim they are not trust worthy.
Or only send them a copy of the original and retain the original . Currently as it is free I would also get any item collected by your postman as it is then in their control from the very start .

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I understand your anxiety totally - it's never over until the item is in hand, tested and playing.

Reactions: mikeyb

naka

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 24, 2015
So, who’s Norma I just bought for £15 on eBay?!
...oh wait! it is just an old Norma Jean poster...sorry :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Y’up, I totally accept I was jumping the gun! Thanks for all your info and reassurance. I haven’t sent anything by RMSD for years and with everything having run like clockwork in
the past, this has been a first
-a very different experience. I did expect the worst!
This morning when I tracked the parcel, it said it was still in Leeds. So I headed over to this mammoth centre. No public access. The guy operating the intercom on the gate (first person I’ve managed to actually speak to) was incredibly helpful. The parcel was in NI, whereas tracking said otherwise. I got a message from the buyer to say it’s arrived. I’ll ask the mods to delete this thread.
The tracking is only accurate once delivered:oops:

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Prediction is difficult - especially about the future 🤔
I predict that my grand kids will live in an era that’s not as conducive to nature as I have enjoyed
I have always been into Moths and butterflies since I was my granddaughters age “9”
We put my moth trap out over the weekend which I normally do the first week in May after any frosts ..
50 years ago I would be cataloguing what I’d caught over night ,for several days maybe 500 + specimens before I released them
This weekend a total of 2 specimens for Eva to record in her diary …
Mono culture , loss of habitat and chemicals is only going to make it worse .. this part of the food chain loss has had dramatic effect on bird populations as most of our birds feed their young on moth caterpillars..

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
@bigrod You've reminded me, when I was young how our garden would be full of sparrows, how many of them do you see now? Insecticides have certainly reduced the numbers of our wildlife.

Reactions: hiesteem

leroyd

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bigrod You've reminded me, when I was young how our garden would be full of sparrows, how many of them do you see now? Insecticides have certainly reduced the numbers of our wildlife.
Attended a barbecue last year in the back garden of a semi detached house. Well it had been several years since this garden had seen a lawnmower, hedgeclippers and the like. The bird, insect and other wildlife present was incredible. Bees feeding off wild flowers and an abundance of butterflies around the place.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We are fortunate enough to have an annual nesting of sparrows in the hedge between me and my next door neighbour. There's usually at least 4 nests and when all the fledglings get ready to leave the nest the noise is amazing! We normally find them hanging around all the pots on our patio for a few days too, love to see them "gaining their wings". We also get the odd blue and great tits, a robin, and a few blackbirds although they don't nest in our trees. We do our bit to grow as many insect-friendly flowers as we can so there's usually plenty of bees, but also flies for the birds to feed on.

It's a strange situation when urban environments end up supporting more wildlife than rural ones. Most of the urban foxes around my area appear well-fed and healthy...

P.S. glad that the amp was safely delivered after all the worry, I'd be having kittens myself if that was me so it's great that it turned out well in the end

Reactions: antonio66

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles