norma

Flachead

New Wammer
May 17, 2020
In the manual for the 140, it suggests input 4 should be the preferred input as it has the shortest signal path and I use it for my main source. I haven‘t validated whether it is actually better than any of the others but in theory it should be. Not sure if the 70 is the same but you can check the manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blodger and RoRi

Stargazer

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2015
Devon
AKA
Victor
The distributer for Norma in UK seems to keep on changing. Will Norma be represented in the future in UK? Reason I ask is if I bought a eg Norma 140B amp and something was an issue in a one or two years what is the position as to customer support.?

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
its only changed once to my knowledge . distributors often change , bel canto has changed several times and there will be many other brands that change

its a good brand with a lot of praise so i wouldnt worry too much

Reactions: Blodger and T-elmi

Blodger

Wammer
Wammer
May 26, 2011
Liverpool
AKA
Roger
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The distributer for Norma in UK seems to keep on changing. Will Norma be represented in the future in UK? Reason I ask is if I bought a eg Norma 140B amp and something was an issue in a one or two years what is the position as to customer support.?
I think the UK distributor changed over a year ago. In terms of reliability, I think it’s unlikely that the amplifier would need a service for 10+ years at least. Mine is nearly 5 years old (the warranty is for 5 years) used on a daily basis with no problems whatsoever, and I’ve not heard of any issues elsewhere except occasionally for DC generated hum which is not a problem with the amplifier but mains supply - many makes of amplifier are prone to this and usually can be corrected with a DC blocker.

Reactions: hifinutt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online