nice old sony speakers ??

passion7

New Wammer
Apr 13, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Nice speaker. I'm sure it will serve a great purpose ones you find a spot to fit it.

Reactions: lowendall

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes indeed there about 40 years or so old ,but it's still drivers magnets and a box to put them into . I payed I suspect quiet a bit too much for then about 10 years ago ,and I think they had a bit of a easy life from a nice couple up the road ,but I think I did well for the sound but also they make me smile they work ok . Nice ten inch cheap bass unit bounces along nicel it's a sears I think from memory a cheap one at that ,but at normal in the house levels perfectly fine . Might get some white paint or stickey back plastic to up date the brown Finnish . Maybe at a later stage a nice ten inch with a posh tweeter in the same boxes might tickle my fancy ,I liked the JBL and horn thing I could squeeze it in to the box .two way cabs work fine if you do it properly .

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
so i am very happy with the above old sony, speakers they seem to be rather out of fashion , i suspect its partly because not too many were found in uk homes, etc, they were also quiet expensive to buy , but i have hopefully a change comming along some time soon, if it all falls in to place it will be another three way with 10 inch bass etc, same sort of set up as my present speakers, but with very much more up to date components, so i am hopefull, the only small worry i have is that my present speakers are some thing like 90 plus db sensative for one watt, the new units might be considerably less some thing like 85 db for 1 watt, that sort of thing , i cannot know for sure, as the speakers are home made, buy a keen hifi enthusiaste . my present amp is a modernish yamaha A S500 THING, IT SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH POWER IF I TURN THE DIAL A BIT MORE, ESPECIALLY NORMAL domestic level,. if it all falls in to plae i shal post a bit about it in hear ,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles